Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Laundry Status 10/11/05

We survived 2001, the year of the defective washing machines. Our carpeted family room was flooded, not once, but TWICE by two separate washing machines in a two month time span.

We survived the 2003-2005 dryer strike. Heating elements were going out on us left and right. We exhausted every for-sale add and swap sheet in the area. One dryer was burned up by *gasp* rocks put down the dryer vent from the outside. Blast those neighbor kids....oh wait, it couldn't have been OUR kids could it?

Today, October 11th, 2005, we entered the heavenly realm of laundry appliances. Tonight, behind my bi-fold laundry doors, sit a Whirlpool Duet washer and dryer set WITH the pedestals. Could we please observe a moment of silence........
.
.
.
.
They rinse, they spin, and I'm pretty sure they make a mean peanut butter and jelly. There is nothing that these machines can't do. So BRING IT ON FAMILY! Go ahead, wear those jeans for half a day and throw them in the dirty clothes basket. Go ahead, have a couple more glasses of water before bed, I'm ready for ya. Pee on the comforter too! I can handle it. Hit me with your grass stained knees and bloody noses. I don't mind if you spill your chocolate milk down the front of you shirt either. I am ready for some serious laundry.

Thank you laundry fairies, thank you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray!!! I'm so happy for you!!! :) Wow, did you ever think it'd come to this? Getting super-excited over a new washer/dryer...we are old, Heth...so old...LOL

Tina said...

I'll be over this afternoon with my laundry! :)

Angela said...

That is sweet! Your children will rise to the challenge, I am certain.

Randi said...

I LOVE my front-loaders! The do alot more laundry so I have less loads! YESSSS!

-I have done without the pedastals and I still love them!