I know the suspense must be killing you all, and that you have been thinking about it night and day since I posted. Here is the answer. On Thursday, I did not "make an elaborate dessert for my family". I really threw you with that one didn't I??!!
Yes, we did play in a haymow when we went to the pumpkin farm. Can you say "freezing?" It was very very cold out. The hayride was particularly cold, what with the 50 mile an hour winds. (ok, I may be exaggerating a bit) It was very cozy in the barn though, they had a nice little wood burning stove and we played in the haymow and the kids played on the rope swings. Fun, fun, fun. And we brought home pumpkins.
Yes, I did disassemble a wash a peed carseat. I guess a certain someone who is four, consumed a bit too much hot cocoa at the pumpkin farm and just couldn't hold it on the way home.
Yes, I did talk on the phone to a man from Pakistan for over an hour. We are having a bit of trouble with our internet phone. The sound quality is very choppy and broken lately so we needed to talk to technical support. It was a very interesting three way call between me, Nate, and a man I could not understand. I was really having to concentrate and think about every thing that was coming out of his mouth. It hurt my brain. And no, we did not get it fixed. So if you call me, you will be forwarded to my cell phone.
No, I did not make an elaborate dessert for my family. I wish I would have though. I would have easily traded a dessert for the peed carseat or the bilingual phone conversation without even thinking twice.
I wish I had more time, I would tell you about the half an hour checkout incident I had at Old Navy yesterday. I'm not complaining, the clothes I purchased are totally worth it. (YAY! New jeans!) They are even worth the Jack/Gemma meltdown in the van. Even though it was my poor Mom who had to deal with those two. Thanks Mom, you are a SuperStar grandma.
Alas, there are floors to be mopped*, off to my bucket and sponge.
*Last night we went to Nate's parents' for a birthday party. The kids were having a great time sliding around on the hardwood floors in their socks. I was baffled as to why that was such a new experience for them until I realized that it's because there is no sliding on our orange vinyl kitchen floor, only trying to sliding and screeching to a sticky halt. Oomah's floors are clean and slippery. What a new concept!
2 comments:
Birthday party? Uh-oh...did i miss a birthday?
Nope, just celebrating a month late.
Post a Comment