Monday, October 17, 2005

Cooking....Kid style

This evening I had some help in the kitchen. Tyler soloed his first batch of chocolate chip cookies. I figured, he's ten years old, he needs to learn how to cook alone. Someday, his wife will thank me, he will prepare gourmet meals for his family, just like his father. Nate is a great cook and I am completely confidant that whenever he takes over the kitchen, I eat well. There is usually cream of mushroom soup involved, but it is mostly yummy none the less. Back to my story. Tyler was cooking alone. I gave him "the rules" and talked him through the recipe a bit and then I pulled a Stacy and Clinton on him. I left him alone for awhile, to fend for himself, and then I came busting into the kitchen to save him from himself. And lo and behold, we had baking soda issues. It seems that he used a TABLESPOON of soda instead of a teaspoon. We decided to continue on with the recipe and see how they came out. I am proud to annonce that they are completely edible, but a little weird in the texture category. Eight out of ten Tyler. Good Job.

Noelle helped me make the main course. Egg, cheese and bacon on English muffins. While frying the bacon, she named each strip. Bob, Billy Bob, Billy, McKenna, and Monahagn were among them. As she gently laid each slice of cheese on each egg, she tucked them in and cooed, "sleep well my little angels".

What a well rested, heavenly feast we had tonight. With a dessert full of texture.

3 comments:

iridium said...

I can totally see Welly naming the bacon.

"I bring home the bacon!" do dooo do do.

"Fry it up in a pan." do dooo do do

"Bob, Billy, McKenna, Monahagn...I'm a woooooooman...named Welly."

Anonymous said...

All I can do is LOL..."sleep well my little angels..."

Tina said...

How cute is that!
If it were my house, we wouldn't be able to EAT the bacon after naming them all. :)