Right now it is shortly after noon and I am assessing the past 6.5 hours. Of course there is no possible way I can account for every second but here are some highlights from a morning of thrills.
- Spent some time at the gym, making up for my Weekend 'O Sweets.
- Survived the daily 45 minutes of chaos of waking, feeding, dressing, and nagging children and then herding them to the car to be deposited at their respective schools.
- Devotions. Fought the the ironic trap of yelling at the kids while reading the Bible. "Leave Mommy alone already! I'm trying to spend some time with God!"
- Fulfilled my daily required amount of Wii refereeing. All the while trying to suppress laughter when Jack blames his losses on me. "You made me die Mom. My guy dies when you talk."
- Daydreamed about banana bread for at least 10 minutes in 5 second increments, wishing I wouldn't have eaten the last piece yesterday.
- Resorted 576 Apples to Apples cards back into their box from the dumped-out pile on the kitchen table. It's a tolerable task if done while watching Nacho Libre with preschoolers. "My favorite color is light tan."
- Fed the children a lunch of chips and salsa. Appropriate don't you think, considering our morning movie choice?
- Spent approximately 30 minutes (give or take) *cough* on the Internet.
11 comments:
"My guy dies when you talk"
Cracking. me. up.
Um, it's almost 11 a.m. here in kinda-sunny Southern California...and I haven't done squat. Your day is ten times more productive than mine so far...just to make you feel better.
Have a blessed day!
lol...I had to. "my guy dies when you talk"-- where have I heard that before!
given you come from a line of "laundry counters", I just wondered if you have ever counted your laundry?
Oh boy the laundry. That's always exciting and fun. I have not accomplished much. I went to walmart, posted a product review, at lunch, and ummmm that's about it! LOL!
Laundry who wants to do that...can't they all wear the dirty clothes??? Nope they can't, can they.
You accomplished a lot I think.
Okay, I am begging my pals for a bit of help today and this week. I entered a poetry contest, part of my writing goal, and am asking you pop here: http://wannabeawritersomeday.blogspot.com/2008/01/i-am-entering-poetry-contest-yikes-and.html and if you like what you read, think about following the link at the end of the post and voting for me.
Thanks a bunch.
Your pal, Penelope
Oh I've heard that one before!
Chips and salsa are a great choice for lunch! Its like salad on a chip....
It's fun eavesdropping (or the equivalent) in on your life! It's never dull, no matter how you often portray it!
chips and salsa for lunch...yum!! I served brownies for breakfast this morning. My kids think I am great. I did give them a choice, oatmeal or brownies? :)
Those are Ethan's exact words, "I die when you talk!" I think it has to do with their little man brains, knowing that men can't multi-task. They can't listen and beat the level all at the same time.
You described a perfectly fun day. I remember when I had littles and trying to have a quiet time. Too many times, they'd try to interrupt, but I'd squeeze my eyes shut (even if I was reading my bible) and begin praying outloud. Sometimes they'd stand their whispering together-wondering if what they wanted was important enough to wait or if they should stand there quietly or try back later. I was always torn with guilt.
My guys always die when someone talks to me too. Ok, he doesn't die, but I get booed off stage.
There are days when I reflect on it, realize I got to shower AND I fed the kids...AND the pets...and am oh so proud...
Post a Comment