Now that I have passed that number, it doesn't seem middle aged anymore. But it sure sounds middle aged when I say it about myself. I'm still nineteen right? Nineteen with 7 kids? Hmmm, something isn't quite right about that.
Despite the numbers, I love my birthday. We started celebrating on Sunday with a party at my parents' house. I didn't get to blow my candles out. While I was inhaling in preparation, two little boys on either side of me were exhaling, stealing all the glory.
This morning the kids and I started the day off with some crazy-awesome dancing to a little Family Force 5 in the kitchen while eating a breakfast of chocolate chip bars. From there on it was nothing but food. Nate took me out for lunch with no kids and then supper too. I know you won't believe me but by the end of the meal I was so full that I didn't even order dessert. Let me repeat that. I DIDN'T ORDER DESSERT. We were even at one of those restaurants where if they find out it's your birthday they sing and carry on and embarrass you and then give you free dessert. What was I thinking? I should have at least taken it to go. Then I could eat it for post birthday breakfast tomorrow morning.
Again, what was I thinking?
Now I've got birthday regret.
26 comments:
Ah, so glad to hear you had a wonderful birthday. I can't believe you didn't save room for dessert, on your birthday no less. Wow. Happy Birthday again.
No birthday regrets allowed! Have some dessert tomorrow when you are one day closer to "real" middle age!!!
happy birthday, youngun'!
happy birthday!!
I know what you mean about 30 sounding weird... that is my issue this year, as I will hit that milestone in several months, and I don't think I'm ready for it!
Happy Birthday! I'm glad you had a great day. I hit the big 4-0 this year! Talk about sounding OLD!
HaPpY BiRtHDaY, mY DeArIe!!!!!
Wouldn't that sweet treat taste really yummy right about now!?!??! Always take the dessert...ALWAYS!!!! ;)
Middle-aged? Pish-tosh! Just figure life began when you got out of high school, and so you are really not very far into the whole age thing! Your heart and attitude are very youthful, your wisdom is very advanced for your age and all that's left to work on is taming your sweet-tooth!
Keep running until you do.....
Happy Birthday! I am so with you on the age thing! This year will be the big 3-0 and I still think I'm nineteen too (w/ 3 1/2 kiddos).
We were so friends with "older couples" when we first married (10 yrs ago) and I had the same thouhgts!!
Thanks for sharing :-)!
Happy Birthday!
I'm going to be 38 this year... that's almost 40!
I like the comment that life starts after highschool... that would make me only 20 this year.
Yes, Good Positive Thinking! :)
Also, if Oprah says that 50 is the new 30, then 30 is the new 10... right?
Happy 11th Birthday! lol
I can't believe that I didn't remember this, seeing as how our birthdays are a day apart. Happy birthday late, Heth.
I'll eat dessert for you tonight when my husband takes me out on a hot birthday date.
And 31 is not old, by the way. 32 is.
Happy Birthday! I just turned 31 on the 5th, and it does feel sort of weird. Like 31 is really young still, but it SOUNDS middle-age. But how many 31 year old ladies have 5 or esp. 7 kids? We've had a busy 31 yrs. :D Bummer on the dessert!
Happy belated birthday Heth. I see momzie gave you a 'running until you tame your sweet tooth' wish...I think that means you live forever!!!!!
Happy Birthday! I know what you mean... 31 does sound old but you don't seem old! :) And I'll never be old I'm sure. Ha! I don't really want to turn 30... Yeah... like that's not going to happen.
I almost bought that shirt yesterday. :)
Happy Birthday Heather!!!
Middle aged?? Puh-leeeze! Surely you plan to live past 62!?
My MIL has been saying she's middle aged since I've known her. She's 75 now and still saying it.
I love to get older. Love. It. It's weird, but I'm so happy that I'm turning 40 this year.
Sounds like your birthday was wonderful! May your 31st year be full of wonderful, unforeseen and unimaginable blessings!
Happy Birhtday!! Have a great one! And dearie - you're not old; not by a long shot.
Beth (old mama to a busy 4-yr old)
Happy Birthday!! That is to bad about the dessert. We just got back from Disney World and were on the dinning plan. We were so full but always took our chocolate cake to go with us. It makes for a wonderful breakfast. I do hope you had a great birthday weekend and couple of days ;)
Happy Birthday!
You don't look a day over 22!!
Yay! FF5 with a chocolate chip feast! It doesn't get better than that. I'm glad you and Nate had some time together :)
Happy Birthday Heth <3
Happy Belated Birthday!
No, no. One must never experience birthday regret. In our house we have a tradition of birthday weeks!
Weeell.... I have a tradition of birrthday weeks and mine begins in just under two weeks time!
Yay for birthdays in January!
Oh, happy birthday! I'm so glad it was a good one!
HAPPY, HAPPY Birthday! I know what you mean about not feeling like you are in your 30's - I will be 33 in March. You look great wonderful so just enjoy it!
Happy birthday! I know what you mean about not feeling your age. I tagged you over at my blog. I find your posts fascinating and would love for you to play with us!
I have a question about the Moby Wrap over at my blog. Would you kindly help a frustrated mama?
Happy birthday!
Ohhh... I remember 31 very well. I had a 3 week old baby at the time and felt like I was on top of the world.
Now, at 51, I've done walked over the top and am rollin' down the other side... at a very FAST rate of speed!!
*lol*
Happy Birthday honey. Enjoy... these are truly the very best of times.
God bless~ Pearl
Post a Comment