
We celebrated a little early this year, having family over for tacos and cake. I asked you if you minded having your party on a day other than your actual real birthday. "Nope! That's fine!" you assured me. When I smelled something coming from the oven, once again breaking my tradition of never
burning anything, you cheered me on. "That's ok mom." When I struggled to wrestle the cakes from the pans in one piece and I glued them together with massive amounts of frosting you affirmed me with a smile. "It's alright." When I realized that I had grabbed the wrong color and dyed the frosting purple instead of pink you didn't mind. We stood and assessed the damage together, a toppling, crumbling, mess of chocolate, purple, and sprinkles (that were applied to divert attention from the train wreck). I wanted to scowl and sulk and kick something. You assured me that it was perfect.
You amaze me. Your positive outlook on life is an inspiration. God gave you the wonderful gift of a peaceful, cheerful, humble, optimistic spirit. God gave us the gift of letting us learn from you for these past 11 years. Happy Birthday Noelle.
17 comments:
What a beautiful girl, inside and out!
She is lovely. Happy Birthday, Noelle!
Happy Birthday girl! Your positive outlook on the whole cake thing reassures your mother that childbirth was worth it!
Oh my goodness...11 years already? She's so beautiful...like her mama.
Happy Birthday Noelle!
Noelle, you really are an amazing young woman! Happy birthday sweetheart!
Happy Birthday, Noelle! May God richly bless you this year!
Happy Birthday Noelle! Your mama has described you well. We love you and pray that 11 is wonderful!
A very happy birthday to Noelle! A rare beauty.
You really are beautiful, Noelle. I'll never forget when you were really little you said to me, "I hope all your dreams come true!"
Noelle, I hope all your dreams come true, too!
I love you and miss you!
~Aunt Ann
She sounds amazing! Happy Birthday!
Where did Noelle go?? Where's the little bug with the little pigtail on the top of her head?
Where's the girl who was 4 or 5 inches shorter last year and if she does that again this year, she will be looking down at Grams next January?
Happy B-day Miss Noelle. We all love you ooooooooodles!
she is NOT eleven?!!!?
georgous.
Happy Birthday, Noelle! Hope your day was as lovely as you.
Happy Birthday, Noelle!
Gorgeous! When will we see her on a cover? I think she gets her positive outlook on life from her mother!
Aw! She is absolutely beautiful. And what a blessing to have that cheerful outlook; may she keep it her whole life!!
Oh she is beautiful. What a great memento for her.
Post a Comment