I was sitting in the waiting room at the doctor's office, listening for them to call Toby's name. (shots, poor buddy) What do you think I brought to read? A parenting magazine? Wrong. A spiritual book? Wrong. A big thick historical romance novel? Wrong. I took my camera's manual. Dork, I know.
So I finally figured out some of the things I had been wondering about. One thing I discovered was how to go from this:
17 comments:
i think it's awesome. my husband is huge into photography as well, and i think it's a marvelous talent. the best way to learn about it is reading the manual....and of course taking lots of pictures. ;) hopefully we'll get to see lots of them here!
cool!
Heather! How is it no matter what you write about, even cereal, you make me chuckle!
love you!
ps sorry I did not wave at you the other day, I did not know you drive a toaster!
I don't get it heth. i'm camera illiterate. these pictures look the same to me. could you please say how they're different real quick? i'm so happy for you that you figured it out, but i'm a dummy and want to understand it.
Emily Thanks! I'm taking so, so, many photos now that I'm not buying film.
BethYeah, that's Nate's car. It's basically a black lego. :)
Ann You have to click on them to enlarge them. I focused on different things in each photo. I'm messing with the depth of field. Like on the cereal photos, in one I focused on the first box and in the other I focused on the last bag.
Yea, another dork!!! One who reads manuals! Read on!! Great pictures!
good job heth. maybe when (if) I get mine, you can teach me all I need to know! :)
Just 12 more sleeps and I shall join you in 'dorksville'!
Oooo...you make off brand cereal look good! :)
isn't it fun... and addicting. :)
Ohhhhhhhhh /bonk
Yes, after enlarging I can really see the difference! Pretty cool :)
I'm glad I'm not the only person who has been reading a camera manual lately!
If I had a new camera I would be playing too.
I am hungry for some cereal now.
I have to say that I do find it thrilling! I got my new Canon Dig for Christmas and I play with it a lot. What is really cool is that I can trade off lenses with my Canon 35 mm. Woo Hoo!
Very cool, and I am so glad you got that camera. Think how many more posts you can do.
A year later and I still haven't figured out all the special features my camera has to offer. Looks like it's good quality!
I am so impressed that you read your camera manual. I still haven't read the one I got in June. I'm not too good with reading them and "getting it"....but when it comes time to take a picture I'm not sure what all the icon's are.... Maybe I need to start packing my manual for those "sitting around, waiting" times.
So what kind of camera is it?
Blessings
Julie
Julie It's a Canon Digital Rebel. The camera of my dreams.
Post a Comment