I love watching the show The Biggest Loser. Amazing. It's so awesome to see people achieve their goals like that. If you are a fan of the show, you know that at various points, one of the trainers will come on with a little "trainer tip" or whatever. Basically tips and tricks to eating healthy and exercising.
Last night was a clip of Bob, standing beside a cake with a piece on a plate and a fork in his hand. It looked delicious. He proceeded to concede that if you were diligent about eating healthy and exercising you could indulge in your favorite dessert......ONCE A WEEK! I just about choked on the scotcheroo bar I was eating.
WHAT? So does that mean that having dessert after every meal, even breakfast, isn't the way to go?
Tell me it isn't so. I have lost the will to live.
16 comments:
HA. I thought the same thing last night. Hubs and I looked at each other... and almost got choked on the few (hundred) M&M's we were eating at 9:00 p.m.! once a week? SeriouslY?
it isn't so.
he's a liar. don't believe him.
I won't.
ROFL! You are so funny, but seriously, once a week??? We too have dessert after every meal. Ok, maybe not breakfast (since I don't even eat breakfast,) that sweet roll IS breakfast.
Yep, I was watching too! WOW! I bet he gets a ton of email on that one!
Clearly I don't know you well enough yet, I thought when you brought up that scene you were gonna say that you were gonna start doing this! Ha ha!
I didn't watch the show, but you say your "favorite dessert" once a week.....
I take that to mean your favorite dessert once a week and other desserts (just not the favorite) after all other meals.
I watched the marathon on New Year's Day and was feeling totally inspired, then I realized that I was eating directly out of a jumbo bag of M&M's while I was thinking this. Sigh . . .
No don't panic. He was talking about Martian weeks which is the equivalent of four hours E.S.T. (Earth Standard Time).
Sad isn't it? Have you tried those 100 calorie snacks? You may need 3 just to make a real snack. lol
I love sweets....
ha ha...sad but true :) same premise that body for life teaches. 6 days good eatin'...1 day whatever you want. it does work. :) but yes, sugar = yum. yum yum yum.
Some people can't handle "just one" drink. Er, I mean, dessert.
Heth, that is only so if you need to be the biggest loser and you don't look like you need to lose anything!
I was getting choked up on how determined these people are. Or it may have been the piece of potato chip that got stuck in my throat.
But seriously, they should be commended...and I'm trying to cut out the chips. Really, I am!
I enjoy watching also - I always miss the little trainer tips because I feel compelled to eat throughout the whole show - I am usually fixing a snack during the commercials!
I watch BL, too, and after eight babies I am now doing Weight Watchers and I'm thinking maybe he's right?
How sad that makes the future look!
You, on the other hand, seem to be doing just fine on your current plan!
Keep nursing babies and running seven miles and you can have your cake and eat it, too.
Post a Comment