My bathrooms are dirty and I have a sink full of dirty dishes but doggone it, I have 40 stars and 1006 starbits. Sometimes part of being a mom means "helping" your four year old play the Wii.
My three year old is also addicted to Super Mario Galaxy. He likes playing with Daddy's character, though, because he has all 160 stars with Mario and is now working through it with Luigi. Craziness!
Believe me, the kids won't remember how clean the toilet was or wasn't (unless things are growing on the lid). They WILL remember if you laughed and played with them. I wish I could go back and play a little more and clean a little less..... Viva la Wii!
I might know a LEEEETLE bit about that. Since I'm sitting here while our four year-old plays Mario Galaxy. And loves it with every fiber of his 44 pound being. :-)
I wish Eric would let us hook it up in the living room instead of the basement. I'd play much more often if it was up here. Plus I wouldn't have to run downstairs all the time to read the scripts for Ethan.
Laughing here. My kids tell me my person on wii looks just like me. Thanks, kids. So it was fun to see you on wii. I see the resemblance.
The other night I tried to sneak in a few rounds of guitar hero. I am stuck on a song and can't get past it. Finally Hilary comes out and says, "I can't take it, Mom. Give me the guitar." She wouldn't let me try at success. She easily got through the song, handed it back to me and told me to try a new song. Doh! (Of course she doesn't know that my pride won't accept that, so I'll have to try it again while she's at school.)
Totally with you all! Is it really OK to stay up until midnight playing Wii instead of doing laundry? I say, "Absolutely, yes!" Although I don't quite have Mario Brothers down yet, but I can kick both my kids' butts in boxing.
19 comments:
My three year old is also addicted to Super Mario Galaxy. He likes playing with Daddy's character, though, because he has all 160 stars with Mario and is now working through it with Luigi. Craziness!
I'm laughing again!
I know! The sacrifices we have to make as moms! ;o)
I haven't played that one ... but my advice to you is to not get MySims ...
Unless of course you want to sit and play Wii all day.
;)
you are soooo much fun. I want to hang out at your house all. day. long.
T You might want to hang out at my house but I promise, you don't want to use my bathrooms.
Housework, schmousework. Playing with the kids is so much more fun!
We have this game, too. And how fun to see your Mii!
Maybe I'll post mine?
Who needs a clean bathroom?
You so need to come read my post today and snag my award for all mommies/housewifes who agree with me.
Believe me, the kids won't remember how clean the toilet was or wasn't (unless things are growing on the lid). They WILL remember if you laughed and played with them. I wish I could go back and play a little more and clean a little less.....
Viva la Wii!
I might know a LEEEETLE bit about that. Since I'm sitting here while our four year-old plays Mario Galaxy. And loves it with every fiber of his 44 pound being. :-)
I wish Eric would let us hook it up in the living room instead of the basement. I'd play much more often if it was up here. Plus I wouldn't have to run downstairs all the time to read the scripts for Ethan.
Do you find yourself wanting to put the kids to bed early so you can play all by yourself? Me too!
Laughing here. My kids tell me my person on wii looks just like me. Thanks, kids. So it was fun to see you on wii. I see the resemblance.
The other night I tried to sneak in a few rounds of guitar hero. I am stuck on a song and can't get past it. Finally Hilary comes out and says, "I can't take it, Mom. Give me the guitar." She wouldn't let me try at success. She easily got through the song, handed it back to me and told me to try a new song. Doh! (Of course she doesn't know that my pride won't accept that, so I'll have to try it again while she's at school.)
Wii moms unite!
Totally with you all! Is it really OK to stay up until midnight playing Wii instead of doing laundry? I say, "Absolutely, yes!" Although I don't quite have Mario Brothers down yet, but I can kick both my kids' butts in boxing.
Heth, you crack me up.
We're Super Mario Galaxy fans around here too.
Hmmmm... Wii vs. Housework???? The Wii wins everytime!!!
Hi,
I just came across your blog and have really enjoyed my visit.
I had to laugh at this post because I love playing the WII with my kids. I've been known to leave some housework undone so I could play with the kids.
Have a great weekend,
Julie
Post a Comment