Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Just A Heads Up


I just wanted to let you all know that despite the forecast for 64 degree weather across the Midwest tomorrow, it's probably going to snow. These weather people don't really know what they are talking about and I have a much more reliable predictor of the weather.

I just packed up all the winter coats.

I'm sorry, I hate to do this to you all, but it was necessary. When you entered our front door, all you could really do was throw your jacket in the general direction of the coat hooks and pray that it would stay. There were millions and millions of coats and jackets surrounding the entrance to our home. So today I am taking twenty two coats to the Good Will. I washed and put away another 18 coats, along with fourteen pairs of snow pants in various sizes. Since I love wallowing in the mess of half finished projects, I will tackle hats and mittens tomorrow.

Prepare for a snow day.

17 comments:

mommy to six J's said...

You are so right I am sure it will snow.You should have washed your car to just to be sure that it will snow.
Char

Perri said...

Holy cow woman. I'm just imagining all the floor space now that you will have to vacuum!

Chilihead2 said...

Wow! Now, that's a project!

Just so you know, I filled up at the gas station today just so that everyone else around here would get the gas .06 cheaper than I did.

Truth said...

Yes, you know that as soon as those things are all gone, it is going to snow for sure. And someone is going to lose their remaining mittens and not have a spare, lol. That is what would happen to me.

Tanya Nichols said...

(Rocky theme music playing) As you go through the house collecting coats, washing, drying, packing those coats...you sitting victorious with a cup O Jo as your kidlets springtime it in the front yard...another day being super mom...hehehe Have a great one...You have conquered the coats...hey if you have a size Large in boys send it on over...the rain WILL NOT STOP HERE...I live in the desert...the high desert as in "I've been through the desert on a horse with no name
It felt good to be out of the rain " sigh....

Goslyn said...

So it's YOUR fault. I'm clear over here in eastern PA and it's SNOWING. Pooh on you and your coats. :)

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, it's supposed to be 70 degrees in my beloved Colorado today...followed by a couple of feet of snow tomorrow. Good times...

GiBee said...

So, apparantly, we have the same weather man!!!

Heth said...

Better full-
Nope, not exaggerating. Well, except for the millions and millions part. The 22 coats going to the Good Will are part of a long overdue closet purge. We were hanging onto coats from YEARS ago. We are keeping two coats for everyone and a few out grown ones "just incase".

Waywordgrrl said...

Some snow would be nice today! I enjoy your blog!

...coming out of lurkdom. :)

Kristen said...

Yep. It's supposed to be 76 here today. I put my kids in summer-type clothes. That's my indicator that it's gonna snow. that and the fact that we've gotten some spring cleaning done recently.

22 coats?!?!

Diane Viere said...

I sure hope that snow misses Minnesota...but what are the chances of that. After all--the weather forecasters are predicting rain...and it is Minnesota for crying out loud--so I guess I'll get my boots!

Winter can be too long....most years!

thanks for bringing some humor to our reality!

Diane

Anonymous said...

YAY! It's Wednesday, and it got up to almost 80 degrees today!!!! This reminds me of April last year, when we went to Indiana for Star Wars Celebration 3. The two weeks prior to that week were in the mid 70's to lower 80's. Then of course, when we got to Indy and had to spend the mornings standing in line for a long time, it was FREEZING lol. I hadn't packed clothes for that kind of weather either. But I survived and had an awesome time. Spring weather is very unpredictable.

Tina said...

crazy coathooks batman! You should open a used clothing store!

T said...

Yup, snowed here and my daughter wanted to wear her short sleve summer dress to school today. I'm such an evil mommy. I wouldn't let her. And I made them wear hats and mits and everything!

Randi said...

Kind of like Murphy's law! It is the same when you want rain--just go wash your car!

Amie said...

Did I get that right? 40 coats!?!? I am so sorry. Coats sell great at garage sales, you know. :)