I was running my own little marathon over here at my house. It was the Laundry Marathon of 2006. No new records were set, I didn't win a medal, but we did come out with baskets full of clean underwear, so that's a bonus. I busted it out people. I followed the advice of a legendary launderer, "Keep your machines running." And that's what I did. Truth be told, the marathon isn't over yet. It's more of a duathlon. I'm about to tackle the looming winter clothes/summer clothes switch. Waaaaah. Not one of my favorite jobs.
Anyway, back to the Boston Marathon. Craziness.
And that's the second wave of people.I have dabbled in running the last few years and it has totally piqued my interest in races like this. Rita Jeptoo's time just blows my mind. How is that humanly possible?

She rules in a big way. Yes, the men were faster, blah, blah, blah.
I'm sure there are many, many inspiring stories but I want to point these guys out to you. Team Hoyt. I'm sure some of you already know their story, it is just plain beautiful. A dad and his son conquering the almost impossible.

Wow.
10 comments:
I love Team Hoyt. They are so inspiring. You are too!!! I wish I had your stamina to go to bed at 11 and be up by 5:30 to run but I just can't do it. You're my hero.
Gee, I'm amazed at anyone who runs a marathon. I run only when chased by a wild animal. :)
I'm with rosie! Only run when chased. I did a laundry marathon yesterday too! The winter/summer switch is yukky.
*sigh* Switching over one season's clothes to the next is my single LEAST favorite household job. I'd rather scrub toilets. This year I seem to be doing it in phases instead of all at once, which is only prolonging the agony.
You deserve a medal, Heth.
Did you see me? I'm runner number 342 ...
Ehhh ... just kidding.
When you finish your laundry and summer/winter clothes, can you come help me do mine? Grr...I am starting to think it is an impossible task to actually have finished for even a day.
I haven't heard of the Hoyt team, so am going to go check it out!
That is awesome Heth!! I remember being in cross country in high school, and I HATED it! But it helped me stay in shape for basketball. I see you getting up every single morning to run, and that is so incredible! And the payoff is so awesome, not only are you healthy, but you look FABULOUS!!!!
Wow. I had not heard about that (living under a rock latetly). Thanks for sharing it.
I am in full laundry sympathy since I'm drowning in it right now. I think the kids have clean underwear...if not I may just turn it inside out.
Why does everyone think they need to wear clean clothes all the time? I tell them..think European, they stink but it's so fashionable.
I think we are involved in a triathalon or even a decathalon! Laundry, meals, shopping, cleaning, blah, blah, blah! Where are the medals and where the heck is the finish line??? ;)
I will have to read up on Team Hoyt--never heard of them.
Post a Comment