Monday, September 26, 2005

Monday thoughts

I'm starting out my week staring at a mountian of laundry. Actually, a mountian of housework. Weekends seem to just tear this place apart. I spend most of my time picking up and rarely get to the dirty work of scrubbing and dusting and whatever else.

Yesterday we all loaded up after chruch and had a little meeting about where we should eat for lunch. We have Mariah, my 12 year old sister, with us for a few days. My parents are out of town. It's too bad that all our little town has to offer is pizza. There seems to be a lack of variety. We ended up going to an "eating and drinking establishment" that we have never taken the kids to. Nate and I went a few times in highschool, but haven't been back since. I'm not sure what we were thinking. Maybe that we wanted to be a little crazy and go somwhere different. They serve great pizza and 1919 rootbeer that is as smooth as butter. (ewww, who drinks buuter?) Mariah was a little hesitant, she has always been under the impression that this place is a bar and I don't think she wanted to be seen there. I assure you, it's mostly restaurant, a little bar in the back. Well, at one point, as Jack was whining and Tyler was up to all kinds of mischief, and Camryn was playing under the booth, and Gemma was nursing, Nate and I both looked at each other with one question in both of our minds. What were we thinking??? We left, confident that WE should have been payed for what we endured in that 90 minutes, not the other way around. The pizza just wasn't worth it.....the 1919 was though. Especially since it was served in frosty mugs. I think somtimes we tend to ask too much of the kids, (like making them wait a ridiculous amount of time for pizza in a restaurant that wasn't created with children in mind) and then we get frustrated when they act like kids who have been waiting a ridiculous amount of time for pizza in a restaurant that wasn't created with children in mind. Poor little buggers. When will their parents learn?

I think we were all anxious to get back to our monday routine. The weather has been rainy and we all were dealing with a bit of cabin fever. This morning it's nice and sunny, and I'm a super excited(?) to whip this place back into shape. I always have a better attitude when I can walk through the living room without tripping on somthing.

Ooooh, Friday is a day I have marked on my calendar with a big exclamation mark. We are going to see Blindside, my favorite band. I am so incredibly excited. I know, I'm too old to like them. Most of thier fans are in the 14-20 year old range, but who cares. I think I will throw out some lyrics each day this week in honor of the show.

Today's Blindside lyrics for your reading pleasure:

"I know You're always throwing kisses from the sky, and tonight I caught one."

Ok, the house isn't going to clean it self. Go, Heather, Go! And stay away from the pumpkin bars. Sorry, just had to give myself a little pep talk. There are still a good 8 pumpkin bars sitting in my fridge. Somehow I feel like if I space them out during the day, that's better than sitting down and eating them all at once. You can tell, I'm no nutritionist.

Happy Monday!

4 comments:

Tina said...

go for it ! Eat the bars! There's more at anonymous's house! I saw them!
By the way, I LOVE the pizza at that little bar. It happens to be my favorite. 4 star no mushrooms.
mmmmm..... makes me hungry.

Anonymous said...

Blindside is going to be at the Ogden theater in Denver...um...TONIGHT. About 15 miles from where I am sitting right now.

If you are too old for them, then I suppose hubby and I are too old to listen to Sanctus Real. Have fun Friday night.

Heth said...

Ooooh, Mopsy! Put your nose ring in, have hubby wear his wallet with a chain attatched, and go to the show.

Sanctus Real is great, I saw them at a music festival this summer. Music keeps you young.

Anonymous said...

LOL...we can only go if we take the kids, and Ryley's Docs are covered in mud, Aidan is grounded from all media (print, TV, and live music included), and the last time Joel stage dived he got a boo-boo and I am fresh-out of FM Static bandaids.

No can do. You will have to blog about it.