Sunday, September 18, 2005

Beds

This morning I as I sit here in the quiet stillness, while most of our family is off at church, I am pondering the deep questions of life. Like, why do we even HAVE seven beds? Last night, only three of them were occupied.

Jack is in a big boy bed now, which means he is on a crib mattress on the floor instead of in the crib. He must be used to having the railings there to stop him from rolling out, because it only takes about twenty minutes and he is sleeeping on the floor. And sleeping on the floor can be a dangerous thing when your room is strewn with thousands of tiny, sharp little legos. So that is empty bed number one, Jacks bed.

Last night my half of the bed was empty for most of the night too. I got up to feed Gemma a few times, (thank you very much Gemma) and kind of fell half asleep on the couch where I nurse her. Which means that her crib was empty too, because she was alseep on the couch WITH me. Empty beds two and three. (well, I guess Nate was still in our bed, but my half was empty....maybe, he tends to sprawl out when he realizes he has the whole thing to himself)

Empty be number four was poor Noelle. She seems to have some kind of a stomach thing going on, which required some carpet scrubbing at three am and a bucket to sit beside her as she slept on the other couch. She is pretty spent this morning and is still asleep. Empty bed number four.

And then there is Camryn. She started in her bed, but came down to ask about tornados and to let us know that "Noelle is being mean". We directed her to the futon and never moved her to her bed. Empty bed number five.

Caedmon, Tyler, and Nate had a wonderful night's sleep. Isn't that precious? So now it's eleven thirty am. Noelle is still feeling queasy and is not really ready to try eating toast. Gemma is awake and rolling around on the floor. I am trying to get up the motivation to get a quick shower and then get my carpet cleaner out and re-do my 3 am attempts at cleaning the carpet with a bucket of water, some Lysol, and a sponge. The Bissel was the greatest Christmas gift ever, thank you Mom and Dad.

1 comment:

Tina said...

oh poor thing. I shouldn't even say this, and I'm imagining you don't even want to THINK it, but I hope the stomach thing that doesn't spread to EVERYONE.
I know they are trying times, but believe it or not, you will even miss these days one day. --- oh no, i'm saying it again.