Friday, September 16, 2005
Tomorrow morning
Tomorrow morning, Nate and I are running in a local 5k (3.1 miles for you non- metric people). We have been training seperately for weeks now. (can't leave the kids home alone!) I'm really looking forward to it. It's the first time we will run together. We will get a whole half a hour alone to chat. Well, kind of. Not sure if either of us will have enough breath to get much talking done. We aren't looking to break any records, just to do our best, and to have fun. I'm telling you, running is addicting though. I ran in a 10k last fall with my very speedy running friend, and I have been hooked ever since. The thrill of a new pair of glowing white shoes. The gross, but empowering feeling of sweating huge armpit rings in your t-shirt. Looking down at your watch and realizing that you just ran that last mile faster than you ever have before. I love it. I'm no pro by any means, but I really do enjoy it. I'm so excited to see if Nate gets hooked too. Heck, next summer we could be training for a marathon. um, maybe not.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Marathon?
Honey, I am a large man.
No marathon in my future. Sorry.
nojebh
now tell me again, why do you do that?
Hi! I am visiting your blog for the first time! My hubby and I are going to attempt a 10K on October 1st, I am really looking forward to it. I have not been much of a runner in the past but for some reason (?) I decided to try it this summer. Honestly, I am getting a bit tired of running at 6:30 in the AM so after the 10K I will exercise on my eliptical. Next summer I would like to try a half-marathon. I don't know that I am interested in a 26 mile marathon, but who knows???
Nice to meet you Randi!
You and your husband will have so much fun. I'm sure you will do great, and you will be totally hooked on racing. Good luck to you both!
Post a Comment