- Can tornados be in more that one town at the same time?
- Do tornados come in the fall and winter too?
- What if you don't watch the weather, how will you know if there is going to be a tornado?
- Maybe we should move Gemma's crib away from the window incase the window breaks during a tornado.
- Can a tornatdo come to the same place more than once?
- Mom, can you go check the weather? (this one usually comes right at bed time)
Poor Camryn. How do I explain weather to her without freaking her out? I try to answer her questions truthfully, but "safely", assuring her that everything will be ok. Is six too young to try to understand that God will keep the torandos away.....but even if he doesn't, He still is in control. I am reminded of that verse in Daniel when the three men are about to be thrown into the firey furnace. They answer the king with this statement. "If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God we serve is able to save us from your hand oh king. But even if he does not, we want you to know O king, that we will not serve your gods or worship the image of gold you have set up."
I'll keep reassuring Camryn that tornados don't usually come in the fall, and that yes, they can lift up a car, but no, we have never had one hit our house. And yes God is in control.
3 comments:
Poor Camryn! I remember feeling the same way when I was her age, and the worst part was that we lived just a block away from the tornado siren. I think that siren was more terrifying than an actual tornado. I think your explanations to Camryn are wonderful, Heth.
So, I probably should quit telling her that a tornado is going to suck her out of her bed and she will wake up in a land called Oz?
I'm sorry honey, I didn't know I was causing such a problem for you.
hahahaahahaha j/k
Side Note:
sybfuip <--- letters it made me enter just to post my stupid comment
oh, she wanted to move the crib! i could just hug her for that. what a lovely sister!
Post a Comment