Sometimes you have a nice little road map for the day but then something happens that jerks the wheel out of your hands, hits the gas, and takes you down a completely different road?
I had a list. It was a to do list. One of the things on that list was laundry. (Always) My kids had been complaining..."Mom, I don't have any jeans clean." and "Where are all the socks?" So I got the ball rolling and starting hitting the laundry hard this morning. I threw a particularly large load of jeans in the washing machine and then moved on to shamrock pancake/syrup cleanup upstairs in the kitchen. That's when the party started. A laundry party that I wasn't invited to.
The dryer was a dryin' and the washer was a washin' and the whole place was a rockin'. It seems that the sassy little bottle of liquid fabric softener got a little carried during the spin cycle and she shimmied herself right off the top of the washing machine onto the floor. The lid cracked. A significant amount of "Sheer Spring" oozed all over the concrete and carpet in front of the machines. In that moment my steering wheel was jerked from my hands. I have spent a large portion of my day battling the powers of fabric softener. The carpet smells fantastic. And no static cling!
Sheer spring? It's a whole lot more lovely outside.
13 comments:
Oh we have had that happen here.
Oh I love those pancakes! What a great way to start a Monday:)
Ok, so we must have the same set of rockin' washers and dryers - mine did the exact same thing. Luckily, we have a tile floor, but I just had to throw out the rags I used to clean it up with because the soap suds just kept coming and coming. Can you imagine what washing those sudsy rags would have done to my high efficieny washer? Yeah, like I would have needed bubbles flowing from my washer on top of the mess I just cleaned up. There are days...
Oh that stinks! I've had a bag of laundry soap fall off the spinning washer once. It was really great!!
I bet the basement smells great!
Brittany
it's bad enough when the kids makes messes...nobody needs the appliances misbehaving too! At least its spring fresh...I could probably use some dumped on my carpet!
Oh no! Is it worse than the time Jack got your Creme Brulee creamer out and emptied it on the floor? Or how about the time the water globe burst. Then there's the chocolate syrup incident. Heth, I'm telling you, you gotta write a book! Just print out your blog and get it published! Your stories bring delight~not that we are taking delight in your inconveniences or saying, "I'm glad that's not me!", but more that we can say "I'm not the only one who has stuff like this happen" (remember when Ethan emptied my ENTIRE spice rack all over the kitchen and living room?)
And you show us that it's not the end of the world, and messes can be cleaned up, and we can just shrug it off and laugh. Even if it takes a few days or maybe weeks before we find it funny.
I'll bet it smells lovely.
Ha hA! Things like that happen to me all the time! Mostly because I leave the lid off. Don't ever pick up and shake the softner if there is not lid on it. My floor smells like blossoms and there is dirt buildup wherever there was at one time a spill. I can't get it out of the carpet no matter how much I think I cleaned it!
It be the leprechauns that done it, by golly. That's what ye get fer feedin' 'em, lassie!
It was the laundry detergent at my house last week. I'm still working on getting the mess cleaned up. You can only wash one of the umpteen towels that are covered in soap per load and then you still have to run an extra rinse to get rid of the suds. No fun! At least it smells good, right?
LOVE the green pancakes. Too cute.
We've had the detergent (liquid) fall off - ugh.
Now I make sure to put it in the cabinet. Even though it's ONE MORE THING to do. HA!
Happy Spring!
I'd take Spring in whatever form it was willing to come, maybe even fabric softener all over the floor. ;)
Oh boy, that just sounds more messy than anything.
I have the same problem. Except mine is super duper concetrated Tide.
I am sure if I ever get the 64oz of Tide cleaned up, I will have a really clean spot on my carpet in front of the washer.
Post a Comment