Is it too much to ask that I address you as Lizzie? (How would that be spelled, with an ie or a y? Lizzie? Lizzy?)
Your visit this past weekend was simply delightful. You are a lovely house guest and my family and I more than enjoyed having you stay with us. The children especially liked having you around. You were never far from them, spending lots of time with the littlest ones. You make them laugh and were so very attentive to them.
We tried to provide you with privacy. It's a small house that we live in and I hope that your quarters weren't too cramped. That is why I left your door open so that you could feel free to wander around the house as you pleased. Not that there are that many places to go. We miss hearing your delicate feet as you walked across our hardwood floors. No one sounds quite like you. It was very thoughtful of you to bring your own towel. Completely unnecessary.
I hope that the meals I provided weren't too simple for your taste. I know you tend to be a bit, how can I saw this politely, picky? You have definite opinions on what you do and do not like. You were very gracious not to complain. That's more than I can say of my own children. I was surprised to find that you enjoyed Cheerios. Although you did tire of them quickly, forgive us, they are eaten in abundance here. Toby didn't mind sharing with you. I hope you didn't feel like a second rate guest when I served you chicken for dinner. I put those cuts aside especially for you because I know in some countries the fat is considered a delicacy.
I do have one small complaint I would like to address. I know it is quite cold outside and that the snow can be chilly. Was it necessary to pee right in the middle of our sidewalk? That might not have been exactly appropriate.
Despite that one embarrassing incident, we would love to have you visit again soon as it fits into your leisurely schedule. Our home is your home.
Kisses.
The Laundypile Family
13 comments:
Awww...what a cutie! My boys love it when we watch my parents dog... doggie visitors can be so nice.
Cute post!
Brittany
What a cute little pup! We had a long haired mini dachshund for 10 years. She was very sweet.
Oooo! I love weiner dogs!!!
She's adorable and what a nice visitor. I'm sure she wasn't peeing out of rudeness - it was a momento of her visit, don't you know?!
I want a doggie visit!! how sweet!
So cute! Add 25 pounds to it and it looks like our weiner dog!(Odie has excersize issues) I'm so dropping my dog off at T's next time we go outta town!
In the winter, I give those four footed friends some grace...anywhere they pee that is not inside my house I figure is good with me!
I notice a lovely wood floor, what kind is it? How did Lizzies nails do on the wooden floor...any scratches? Just curious, as we are moving that direction.
Truth No scratches that we noticed. All scratches on our new floors can be blamed on children. So far. Ours are laminate but I love the color we picked out. "Rustic Pear". Doesn't that sound yummy?
FYI Lizzie told me she didn't want to go too far away from the house to do her duty because they longer she was out of the house, they more snacks and crumbs she could miss.
Have you read the book "The Hallo-Weiner" by Dav Pilkey to the kids? He wrote Captain Underpants, by the way. They would love that book, it's about a little weiner dog.
Cute little doggy.
I think peeing on the sidewalk is actually just fine. Can you send Elizabeth teach our new 8 week old dachshund, Pippin, some manners (and directions to a sidewalk)??
We still have quite a bit of carpet here, and the good thing is that everytime he has an accident on it and I'm on my hands and knees scrubbing carpet - I make myself fine at least two other places (old spots - not dog related) that I make myself clean. So in theory, he is good for our carpet. I really hope to do laminate one of these days.
That was a cute letter!
Cute and funny post. And lizzie is just adorable!
Please tell me the baby in the red sleeper is NOT your baby.
Post a Comment