Sunday, March 02, 2008

Happy Feet *edited, now with more photos*

Evan
Skid
Alias
Half Life
Cammie
Xaldin


What do these words have in common?

They are the catchy little names of six of the eight pairs of shoes that I scored at Payless today. The other two pairs don't get fun little names, only boring numbers. Poor things. But don't feel sorry for them, they are anything BUT boring. Well, to tell you the truth, one no-name-but-numbered pair is kind of boring in a kid-sneaker kind of a way. The other pair? Let me tell you about them.

When I first laid eyes on them, I loved them. I tried them on and they were too tight but there wasn't another pair in my size. I was willing to bear the pain. I headed to the register ready to watch blisters grow upon my feet, all for the sake of love. Alas! A heroine employee came to me bearing good news. A pair was found on the highest shelf and they were *gasp* my size. Oh happy day. Want to see them?



I love them so much I might just have to wear them while I do laundry and scrub the toilet. Maybe even while picnicking. The red checks are making me hungry for sandwiches eaten in the outdoors.

Oh, and the best part is that it was buy one get one half off. The most expensive pair was $22 and I still came out with eight pairs for sixty bucks.

Not bad. Not bad at all.

*upon request, here are the kids' shoes. I am waiting anxiously for the day that my girls and I wear the same size.*

Front row, left to right we have Skid, 57362, Cammie, Half Life
Back Row, left to right Evan, Xaldin, Alias

Who names these things? Seriously. It's hard enough to think of original names for seven kids, I can't imagine trying to come up with names for a new batch of shoes every season.

16 comments:

Homegrown Tribe said...

Awesome! I might have to stop by there tomorrow while I'm out. :)

have a great night!

Brittany

His Girl said...

not coveting... not coveting.

but i may have to go shopping!

KarenK said...

veeeery sassy! (the good kind of sassy, by the way)

Jenni said...

Adorable! On anyone but me. I expect you to be in full Donna Reed regalia (dress, pearls, shoes) as you effortlessly clean and cook. And don't forget to whistle while you do it.

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

SWEET!!! So, so cute!

Truth said...

Oh, my, goodness! I love those shoes and I'll be look magnificent on you. So where are the other littler...er..lower to the ground shoes?

Heth said...

Truth-You twisted my arm. I'll to take a photo of the other shoes because, while not as cute as these, they are cute in their own way.

Jenni Oh yeah. That 50's housewife look is hot. I'm just working on that "effortlessly" part.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Heth! I must confess after the last picture of a shoe you posted, my heart ached that it couldn't come and belong to you! Because, unlike your hubby's sermon yesterday, I think a thing of beauty is a joy forever!!!!

FLmom7 said...

Nice shoes, and you did get a good deal! The heels are pretty, but I wouldn't be able to walk in those. I'm too clumsy to pull it off. I'm sure you'll look fab in them though.

Rachel Marie said...

Wow- I am one boring mama! Not only am I impressed that you have carried 7 children, but I am amazed that having carried said children you can handle wearing a shoe with a heel- let alone a very high heel. I've given in to practicality in a bad way.

Truth said...

Oh, so cute! What do you think of these kids shoes? http://www.monkey-toes.com/products.asp?cat=11

Oh, and I've been looking all over for a truck belt buckle...any ideas???

Chris @ Come to the Table said...

I love new shoes...Kelsey and I found two cute pair yesterday too!

Anonymous said...

So fun! And the kids' shoes are great.
I must admit, I have already started Baby Laux's collection. :)

Unknown said...

Fun shoes! So cute! How many pairs of running shoes could you fit in a picture?

Laura Lu said...

OH my goodness! I can so totally see you in those heels! You're soooo *saucy*!!!!

I love the Cami ones...I want them.

Has the shopper's high worn off yet?!?!

Angela said...

I'm breaking out of my silence with massive jealousy. Score!