Thursday, March 06, 2008

Before and After



20 comments:

Truth said...

Oh how fun! I used to do my younger girls' hair in rag curls or sponge curls every Saturday night for church and for special occasions. We loved it. (Okay, I didn't love the work it took to do 3 heads, but did love the look in the morning.)

Adorable girls.

trash said...

Too cute for words.

KarenK said...

They look so cute! Even little Gemma's hair is curly! LOVE IT!

So where is the tutorial?

Anonymous said...

Adorable!!! Does it last long?

Heth said...

Karen It's just fabric cut into strips that are 1-2" wide. Then take a section of hair and roll up from the bottom. Over not under.You might have to twist the section of hair first to keep it in place. Then tie the ends of the fabric into a knot. Spicey would look SO, SO cute with these. We do them the night before with damp hair. They aren't uncomfortable to sleep on.

Diana It lasts until they wash it. My girls have pretty straight hair so it was really fun to see them with it this curly. They looked like the Little Orphan Annie.

Anonymous said...

My mom did this to our hair when my sister and I were younger. It was totally fine to sleep on. I did it to Belle's hair a few months ago and she loved it. It was fun to do and it allowed me to share a little of my childhood with her:)

Rachel Marie said...

So pretty! Last time I curled my 4 year olds hair (with sponge rollers) she bawled because she didn't like it! So maybe I'll have to try this on my 2 year old!

Unknown said...

Adorable I am surprised they sat for the rolling process, Miss Cheyla will not at all.

Ann said...

Cute!!

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

Adorable!

Anonymous said...

cute, cute, and cute.
i don't have a girl...yet
with two boys I'm starting to believe that if I did I wouldn't know what to do

weloveyellow said...

Boy does that bring back memories! Your girls are adorable.

Lizzie M. said...

I love it with the fabric, looks much more comfortable than bobby pins-thanks for the sharing "the how"! :-)

Anonymous said...

How absolutely adorable!

Chris @ Come to the Table said...

they are adorable!

Anonymous said...

It's like you have three Shirley Temples! Too cute!

Jenni said...

Adorable!! How long did that take you?

Heth said...

Jenni It took awhile but I didn't do it this time. Auntie did it and they seem to sit better for someone else. That and a good movie....

Sheila said...

That is so cute! But how long does it stay in?

My kids have such heavy hair! Whenever I curl it it comes out within two hours. Do your kids have heavy hair, too, or is it easier for the curl to stay in?

Unknown said...

Wow, adorable!