Wednesday, March 15, 2006
The chair.
I just wanted to reassure you that we aren't raising axe murderers over here Under the Laundry Pile. Yes, the office chair is a punctured mess. No, it wasn't done in a fit of anger. When I discovered the poor chair, it was surrounded by tiny little Kleenex tissues, clipped into a million pieces. Homemade confetti. The Kleenex box had been trimmed along with some paper. There was no attempt to destroy the evidence, the scissors were even left right there in plain sight. This was a case of a child exploring their cutting skills, and the office chair was just another variable in the child's experiment. I hope I didn't cause too much alarm. I just need to make sure to hide the "mommy scissors" and get the rounded tip Fiskars out. Or maybe I'll just put ALL scissors away. I don't want anymore "haircuts".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
yeah, you know... cuz we WERE beginning to wonder... I'm glad you cleared that up. ;)
As long as the scissors don't get turned on one another, right?!
Thanking God for Wesley's self haircut! It could have been much worse...lol
not wondering at all. you sound like a great mom, and i'm a firm believer in kids doing stuff all the time that doesn't necessarily reflect their upbringing. it often just reflects their status as kids. but chopping up a chair? no biggie. (easy shmeezy for the non-owner of the chair to say, right?)
LOL, I never doubted that there was a simple explanation.
We've never (knock on wood) had a bad haircut...but we have had some "Turning my pants into shorts" issues...sigh..
You know, Heth, being able to successfully operate scissors is an important skill to master for kindergarten readiness. You should feel proud that your child is so advanced. :)
Erm, hopefully this was one of your smaller children?
Have you noticed how your comment list is becoming just as long as your posts lately?? You are so loved. :) Olivia is always getting into my scrapbooking scissors cuz they have designs - It's great fun for kids...hope it wasn't a pricy chair!
Yup, my 'special' child cut her hair to get the gum out. A huge chunk cut to 1/4 inch Right on the top of her head. Took a year to grow it to look like the layers are meant to be there.
It's hard to mad when it was just an accident.
Post a Comment