Wednesday, March 22, 2006

She's THIRTEEN!

My little sister turns thirteen today. Wasn't it just last week that I was teaching her to walk? Mariah was born when I was sixteen and a sophomore in highschool. I was so proud to push that little umbrella stroller through the mall. And now, here we are. She pushes MY kids in strollers....well, kind of:

She is an AMAZING babysitter, you should all be jealous. She can handle all six kids at once, and make a craft, play a game, and pick up the house. I'm so blessed to have her for a sister. Now if only her feet would grow a little faster so we could share shoes......

16 comments:

KarenK said...

She is the cutest thing! LOOK at that smile! I can't wait until my niece is old enough to babysit.

Happy Birthday Mariah!

Anonymous said...

May I ask where you purchased the sling that she is using? It looks awesome! My e-mail is: dahubbard@hotmail.com

Thanks! - Andrea

owlhaven said...

Aren't little sisters the best? My youngest sis is 15 years younger than I am, and is always carrying my little kids around.

Mary, mom to 8, sister to 5

Anonymous said...

oh how awesome! What a gorgeous one she is! AND SHE CAN HANDLE ALL 6? I'm impressed, and she's in the wrong industry. she does not need to be babysitting, she needs to be TEACHING me how to do it!

Angela said...

She is phenomenal!! What a huge help at Kid's Night Out - I totally believe she can handle all 6! I love you, Mariah! Have an awesome b-day.

Randi said...

Happy Birthday! She sounds like a wonderful little sis!

Chilihead2 said...

Your family (immediate and extended) continues to impress me! No way was I so together I could handle SIX kids when I was 13. She rocks!

Tina said...

happy birthday rye! You are soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo awesome!!!!

Tanya Nichols said...

Ohmaword I love that sling...do you mind sharing what kind it is!?! And of course i am jealous of your sister heheh enjoy your time with her as soon she will be off creating her own adventures.

Jenn said...

how sweet that is!! I love the snuggley sling, too.

Melanie said...

Happy birthday to your sister! My sister was born when I was 14, so there is quite an age difference between us, too, but my kids love their young aunt!

Truth said...

Happy Birthday to your sister. Sisters are so very precious. So happy for you that yours is such a sweetie!

Diane Viere said...

What a great way to celebrate your little sister! Wish her a very Happy Birthday!

My "little" sister died a few years back--she was 35 years old...and died in her sleep of congestive heart failure. I know how special little sisters can be!

Diane

Mrs. Simonsays said...

Can she be cloned? I could use one of her over here! Beautiful girl.

P.s. Come visit me, I've moved...
www.homeschoolblogger.com/betterfullthanempty
(Simon's Queen)

mommy to six J's said...

I am very jealous she is so resbonsible at her age she will make a geat mommy some day,
Char

Michelle said...

Hey! I remember when my sister turned 16 - it was amazing! Now she has four babies of her own (and one on the way)! And I get to spend time with her kids - as the auntie! Isn't it the best to have a little sister! Wait until she gets to be an adult and the relationship will get even closer! How blessed you and your kids are to have that relationship with your sister!