Caedmon has been remembering his dreams in the morning and then feels the need to share them with everyone.
Caedmon: Want to hear my dream mom?
Me: Sure!
Caedmon: It was me, and Owen and Ethan and our whole family and were were in Grandma's woods and we were walking, walking, walking. And we all had guns. And we saw something in the bushes, and we shot it, and it was a skunk. And you know what was inside?
Me: What?
Caedmon: MEAT!
So that's fun.
We went out for dinner last night at a pizza buffet and I broke my number one buffet rule: Never eat off of the salad bar. After working in a restaurant for a couple years and seeing the behind-the-scenes of the salad bar world, I vowed to never eat the macaroni salad or any of the rest of it again. People, it's gross. I'm telling you. But something about the glob of tan goo in the back row was calling to me. And even though I didn't know exactly what it was, I need to try it. I was hoping it would be from the pudding family. Quite the risk taker aren't I? Well, I was right, it was banana. And no food poisoning so far. YAY!
It turns out that the general public thinks that I'm meetable. Can you believe it? I won! But I'm implementing the don't-drop-by-without-calling-first rule. I need at least a half-hour notice to straighten upthe house. Thanks for voting for me, you guys are great. Oh that I could meet you all.
Some of my friends won too:
- Daring Young Mom will make you laugh and spit out your coffee all over your keyboard
- Shannon will make you want to have kids. Or have MORE kids. (yikes!)
- Karen's blog is oh so very happy.
The rest of the winners I don't know but I'm sure they are fabulous! I don't dare add any more blogs to my very, very, very, long reading list, there is only so much time in the day.
So on that note, I hereby kick myself off of the computer and head straight back to the laundry room, my home within my home. And I will be checking all the pockets from here on out.
12 comments:
Yay! Congratulations! I just wish I could have met you while I was in Iowa last weekend. Unfortunately, I think we were at opposite corners of the state. I was in Jefferson/Panora down by Des Moines. Maybe another time...
Congratulations. You deserve it. You are a great woman in real life and in the blog world. I am so glad we have this outlet to express ourselves and meet new people. Yay!!!
Dare I ask what goes on behind the salad bar scenes? Never mind ... lalalalalala ... finger in ears ... I don't really want to know after all....
And whaaaat? There's meat inside of a skunk? No way! Too cute!
Congrats on the award!
congratulations!
skunk meat. hehehe
And to think---I've actually met the meetable Heather. I'm gonna be dropping your name like crazy now, slipping it in casual conversation:
"Pizza reminds me of that time I ate pizza with Heather, of From Under the Laundry Pile..."
"This beautiful spring day reminds me of when Heather, Vashti, and I went to a park..."
"I love your purse! It reminds me of Heather's----yes THAT Heather----totally cute bag she had when I hung out with her."
Congratulations! It fits.
Congrats, Heth! Thanks for the plug.
Congratulations!!
Hey, Q, she still IS a skinny, long-legged giggly girl! :) <3
Congratulations on your special award, Heth!!!!! :)
You are incapable of being boring, Heth. One of these days I really am going to meet you!
Congrats Heather! You are definately the most meetable person, and I knew it even before I met you. I hope we can meet again sometime.
I had an orange crayon go through my dryer last summer. Unfortunately it got all over a bunch of clothes that got ruined. The wax had melted into the lint trap and a bit in the dryer drum, too. That was NOT fun to clean. I'm glad it sounds like your crayon-in-the-dryer experience wasn't as bad.
I'm so glad you won. Congratulations and let's get together sometime. Sorry about the keyboard.
Post a Comment