Sunday, November 06, 2005

It's official.

The Halloween candy is gone. All of it. Eighteen point six pounds of candy, all completely consumed. Isn't that just ridiculous?! We don't waste any time do we? Part of me is mourning. I'm really going to miss having the option of going to the pantry at any given time to choose whatever kind of bite sized chocolate bliss I want. But the pros outweigh the cons:

  1. Now the kids will not be on a sugar high all day long.
  2. No more little piles of candy wrappers all over the house.
  3. This will be the end of chewed up and spit out Almond Joys on the couch cushions. It seems that Jack doesn't remember from day to day that he doesn't like almonds and coconut.
  4. No more ripping sticky sucker sticks off of the carpet.

Yay! Let's do a happy dance! And speaking of happy dances, my dear friend Natalie started a blog recently and posted about their family dance. I have decided that if our family had a specific dance, I would want it to look exactly like these guys. Check it out by clicking on the "A Million Ways" dance video. It totally cracks me up. The kids have been humming the song for about three days straight now. I love the internet.

4 comments:

Tina said...

ohmygosh. that is the greatest dance! They are so hilarious.

Anonymous said...

My siblings and I have a secret handshake, which is not as cool as a choreographed family dance. The wheels are turning in my head...

Congratulations on the consumption of 18 pounds of candy! I can completely picture partially chewed, saliva covered candy bars on furniture because I've seen it for myself. Have you ever wished your bum had eyes?

Randi said...

18.6 pounds? That is quite a haul! It is seriously nice when all that is out of the house and I am not tempted to munch candy ALL DAY LONG!!!

Amie said...

Brave woman! Was everyone in the house wired? I am looking forward to consuming 18 pounds of candy with my family someday....reach for the sky. :)