This morning I filled the old Beast up with gas. I didn't mess around, no checking the oil or washing the windows or anything like that. It was just a quick pay-at-the-pump, and we're on our way. Well, I guess I did make squishy faces through the window at the boys, I hope no one else noticed! When we got home, but before we went in the house, I put my receipt in my wallet and noticed that my debit card was not in it's slot. Uh oh. I left the kids buckled in, and searched all over the front seat/purse/my pockets/everywhere. No card. Oh no! Visions of identity theft flashed through my mind. I could just see someone sitting on the beach in Mexico, enjoying tropical drinks at my expense. Actually, something like that happened to us this last year, except it was glassware and Applebee's and gas at our expense. Got it all worked out though. But here I was thinking....NOT AGAIN?!
After realizing it wasn't in the vehicle, I started the Beast back up and made the two mile drive back to the gas station. There it was, laying on the ground right by pump eleven. Whew!
I felt a little bit like the lady in The Lost Coin Parable in Luke:
8"Or suppose a woman has ten silver coins and loses one. Does she not light a lamp, sweep the house and search carefully until she finds it? 9And when she finds it, she calls her friends and neighbors together and says, 'Rejoice with me; I have found my lost coin.' 10In the same way, I tell you, there is rejoicing in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents."
Except with me it was a lost debit card, and I'm blogging it.
So will you rejoice with me? I have have found my lost card!
3 comments:
who hooo yippeeee skippeee yeah yea alright wwweeeeeee! Good job God! clap clap clap clap clap!
WooHoo! Score! Gimme an H! Gimme an E! Gimme a T! Gimme an H! What's that smell...Err...spell? No Identity Theft!.....Err...HETH!
Heth, I am doing a "family dance" just for you!
Post a Comment