Let me share some of my early summer flowers with you.
My soon-to-be sister in law took this photo of some Lily of the Valley. I just love the shallow depth of field in this photo, it looks almost lacy.
Iris buds remind me of lipsticks twisted all the way up. Either that or ballet slippers. I'm weird like that.
Along that same association theme, this fuchsia plant makes me think of a Barbie I had when I was a kid. She was some kind of a fancy formal Barbie who had a ruffly salsa type dress that could be wrapped around her body in all different ways to create different looks. It was the same colors as this fuchsia. Again, weird. I know.
I had a lot of fun playing with the depth of field and these daisy buds. I'm so excited for them to bloom, this plant is loaded this year.
Remember our sand box project a couple years ago? The plants are really filling in. It's going to look great when they are all blooming. The kids keep moving the rocks around. I give up. It's their sand box, let them rearrange.
I took this one last night in the early evening when the sun was filtering through the trees in our backyard. It was one of those serene moments where everything is lovely, and you just want to lay back in the grass, close your eyes, and breathe deeply.
15 comments:
I've never ever seen a fuchsia plant but now I MUST have one! It's so lovely! It reminds me of Barbie too!
So pretty!
Those flowers are breathtaking. What a photographer!
I will always look at my iris now and think of lipstick and ballet slippers.
Those are beautiful!
And I totally had that same Barbie with that dress...I miss her...
Definitely twins.
I love that fuchsia plant too!!
fun!!!
Can you ever take enough photos of the flowers? I'm in awe of them anew every spring.
I would love to blow up that Lily of the Valley photo and hang it on my wall!
Love the evening light, too. Keep that shutter clicking!
Lovely pics. You are one of those photographers of which I speak today on my blog.
i had that barbie too.
lovely photos, as always.
I used to have a fuchsia plant when I was a child & had completely forgot about them. Now I'm going to need one asap!
Such beautiful photos! I love those lacy, ethereal shots the best. And I've always thought of lipstick when the irises start to bloom! So glad to know I'm not alone!
The flowers are just beautiful. One of my favorite things to do is walk around my gardens in the evening looking at the flowers. Sigh. :)
I have never been able to keep fuschias alive for very long... how long have you had that one?
Beautiful! And I love fuschias so much, but I too always kill them!!
This is my first time visiting your blog, but I had to comment because I also had that same Barbie with the fuschia wrap dress thing. I had forgotten about it until now. Ah, memories. ;)
Post a Comment