Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Because Casual Is The New Dressy


When our seven year old laid eyes on this photo of me and Nate circa 1993ish, he erupted into laughter. Nate probed as to the reason, what could possibly be so hilarious? He started with the obvious, "Is it because dad is a lot skinnier in this picture?" No. "The ridiculous glasses?" No. "Then what?"

"DAD! You have your shirt stuffed into your pants!"


15 comments:

Truth said...

LOL, that is so funny-but what a couple of cuties!

Dorci said...

I love it.

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

Ben and I just DIED at this!

So glad that shirt tucking is over ;)

Denise said...

LOL!! I'm always amazed at the things that stand out to kids in old photos.

KarenK said...

That is so funny!

And the picture is SO adorable!!!

Beth@playinwiththepaulsens! said...

I keep laughing then laughing again!

My boys honestly think that jeans are "church clothes" and track pants are school clothes.

Unknown said...

Classic picture!!

Anonymous said...

Is it bad to tuck your shirt in? What about wearing navy socks, navy shorts and old dress shoes to mow the lawn?

Eric

ann said...

I forgot about Nate's earring. His glasses are such a hoot. You look so adorable, Heth. You haven't hardly changed a bit.

gretchen from lifenut said...

The horror of tucking! LOL. This is hysterical.

It's just not done anymore...

Renee said...

So cute!

Anonymous said...

i will have to show this to joe when he returns home. he somehow missed the message about tucking in t-shirts being lame.

Ricky Bobby? he's got nothing on my husband. i should blog about it sometime.

Lizzie M. said...

Too funny! I think we have a very similar picture (earring and all!). :-)

Laura Lu said...

now i'm totally laughing! love it! and i'm sure we can't see it but those jeans were rolled as tight as nate could get them or perhaps he used 17 pins on them.

Anonymous said...

So funny!

-FringeGirl