Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day Weekend

It was a lovely weekend.

Saturday morning was one of my favorite races of all time. Run Like A Mother. I think this is the 4th time I have done this race, the second time I've been pregnant. I was happy that my hips gave me the day off from aching and allowed me to run the whole thing. I finished the 4 miles in 36:56, and completely enjoyed my post race bagel and coffee. Doing this race with friends makes it even better. We had way too much fun.


Saturday night we went out with friends. Dinner, a movie, and coffee. It was perfect. Who cries in a Star Trek movie? The pregnant lady, that's who. Ten minutes in and I was a mess.

Nate did good, he bought me a maxi dress for Mother's Day. Bring on the comfort. After church, we spent the afternoon at my parent's house. We feasted on grilled chicken with coconut cake for dessert. Some people took naps and some people went mushroom hunting. I'll let you figure out which option I chose. This is the bounty that was found.



The kids were great. I was lavished with home made cards and cheerful help all day long. One child even gave me the gift of actually wearing their glasses that they have worn a total of two times since getting them a year ago. Isn't that nice?

Happy Mother's Day


17 comments:

Valerie Roberson said...

I'm not pregnant but I was definitely tearful in that opening montage. Glad I wasn't alone :)
Happy mother's day!!

Sara said...

Oooooh....the morels. I can almost taste them! Wish I could have some out here!

Love the pic of all your kiddos...so cute. Send me the original :)

Happy Mother's Day!!

pcb said...

Great picture!

Unknown said...

What a wonderful pic! Happy Mother's Day to a incredible supermom!

our little acorns said...

You are so blessed, mama!

Beth@playinwiththepaulsens! said...

hey! what a great picture!!!!!!!!!! it looks like they all were happy and co0operative for the pic too! there is another gift in itself! *smile*

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

What a great picture of you and the kiddos!

You are one amazing woman, my friend.

Happy Mother's Day!

ann said...

What a wonderful weekend! Loved the pictures, Heth. You look fabulous. I bet you look darn cute in that dress. Ah, the mushrooms~ I miss morels, but I miss you more!

Nicole said...

love that pic!! love the one on FB too!! love everyone in that pic!! yummy Morels, Ben will be sooo jealous :)

I saw the dress WOOT WOOT Heth was a "vision" in brown!!! (course, she could wear a garbage bag and still be a vision) :)

gretchen from lifenut said...

Sounds like a beautiful day! Love the photo of you and your kiddos.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Beatiful!

Anonymous said...

Okay, where did the 'shrooms come from? My dad brought down a few but holy cow that is a lot!!! Love the pic of you and the kiddos!

cousin Jessie

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of you and your family. Your kids are adorable.

Congrats on your race. I always feel badly when I read about your running becuase you're pregnant and I'm without excuse.

Nice dress.

-FringeGirl

momzie said...

I hear the "cheeeese" ringing out from the photo. Love how the small things make Mother's Day so special.

Anonymous said...

i've probably said it before, but man i love the name of that race.

great photos...the group shot is awesome. glad you had a sweet mother's day.

Anonymous said...

you have beautiful children Heth. I haven't seen your blog in awhile and they are getting so big! Glad you had a wonderfu mothers day

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

What a gorgeous bunch.