Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I'm Trying, I Really Am

So project "O.R.G.A.N.I.Z.E" was going really well but has hit an unforeseen roadblock. Yeah, that acronym doesn't really stand for anything, it just looks more official.

Step one was assembling that closet organizer thingy, which by the way is working out splendidly. Step two was supposed to be assembling the wardrobe. For the record, I started it. Not the same kind of "started it" as I did when I emptied the closet of all the girls' clothes and then let them lay on the floor for days. (the clothes, not the kids) This was real. I emptied the box of all the parts and was well on my way through the first step on the instructions. It quickly became apparent that there were some significant parts missing. Counting and recounting "cams" and "cam-bolts" confirmed the worst case scenario. I was going to have to place a call to customer service.

And I did.

And they are quickly approaching the dead line of "5-7 business days".

I mean, I am on a roll with the quotation marks today people!

So, the makings of a 200 pound wardrobe are leaning up against the wall of the girls' room and sadly, I have a legitimate excuse for the delay of my "O.R.G.A.N.I.Z.A.T.I.O.N". (Just keeping the quotes thing going.) Usually my excuses for my procrastination are blatantly lame, but this time it's out of my hands. And in the hands of an automated customer service department.

I have faith they will come through for me right on time. Right? Riiiiight.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are much more long-suffering than I. I would have boxed the whole thing up and taken it back to the place of purchase. I have no patience at all for customer service. I'm at the "floor-covered-in-clothes" stage of organizing too. I think it's a gene.

trash said...

Sure. That customer services automated phone service will undoubtedly be knocking at the door in just a little minute. You wait and see........

Cyndy said...

One can hope.

I always figure when something like this happens that it got packed on a Friday at, oh, say 4:55pm.

The Pennington Point said...

I just stumbled across your blog. I love organizing (or at least the concept). It's great to "hear" your ordeals and triumphs! Lisa~

Anonymous said...

I learned from you and counted every single little screw and nut before I started putting Emily's kitchen together.

~cjoy said...

Well, while you're waiting, you can come over to my house and get some practice - I need to switch the kids' rooms, paint one, and make them MANAGABLE. Saturday. (Because my husband will be home to help!)

Truth said...

Oye, if you are like me you don't need anyone else to help you procrastinate. And when I am on a mission like this, I don't want to stop for anything-not even to eat.

Hope yours comes through, like yesterday.

Anonymous said...

Oh, man, I hate road blocks like this one. Missing pieces...how can that be, it's brand new? Good luck with customer service. Of course they'll come through...one day.