Monday, October 27, 2008

Make A List. It's Monday

The suspense is killer. Did the cam-bolt come in the mail? Did the wardrobe ever get assembled? These are the pressing questions. How could I leave you all hanging?

No. It did not. Thank you automated customer service for living up to the low expectations I had for you. The 5-7 business days has come and gone. Your time is up. You let me down and you left me hanging. This is a job way beyond duct tape.

Also, since we are on an update theme here, let me just tell you that Randall the Amazing Salamander is thriving, thriving I tell you. He has survived a full month of living under our roof and he is looking quite plump. That is commendable. There is never a shortage of things to eat. For the first three weeks, he was brought a steady offering of worms, crickets, and grasshoppers with their legs ripped off. Yes, with their legs ripped off. When Caedmon reported that he had fed a grasshopper to Randall I was initially very concerned. What if it was still alive in his belly and would rupture Randall's stomach with one powerful kick? Caedmon reassured me "Don't worry Mom, I ripped it's legs off first." Phew. Now that it is freezing outside and all the worms are hibernating, our fridge is stocked with nightcrawlers from the bait shop. Randall, don't worry. You will eat well this winter.

Running is going great. I had a beautiful 10 mile run on Saturday morning. I had my iPod playlist all ready with the album "Counting on God" by New Life Worship. Thanks Ang. It's a gorgeous worship album. It went perfectly with the gorgeous fall landscape I ran through. A perfect run, just me and God and the trail. Sometimes He meets me when I'm least expecting it, out in the middle of a run.

That run may have been a little too much though. My knee is a little angry at me right now. I'm trying to baby it. Maybe even bribe it with a little lower mileage. This morning we ran just over three and a half. Come on knee. Please? I'll serenade it, sing with me and my almost-but-not-quite mullet:

"But don't tell my knee, my achy breaky knee
I just don't think it'd understand
And if you tell my knee, my achy breaky knee
It might blow up and kill this lady"

Geez, I better end this post. It's getting out of control.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's a lot of people who like a good mullet. :)
Sorry to hear about your achy knee, but I think 10 miles will do that to a person. Actually, after 10 miles, I'd need oxygen.

Truth said...

Thank-you for sharing that worship album. I've been looking for a good one recently to put on my ipod. I'm off to to try this one.

Dorsey said...

I admire you for going the 10 miles! WOW! Hope your knee feels better soon.

BTW, you've been tagged! Check my blog for details:
http://searchingformyinnerskinny.blogspot.com/2008/10/playing-catch-up.html

Tina said...

so... if the salamander lives 6 more months, maybe you could move up to a gerbil?

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

This just made me smile...all of it :)

melanie said...

nerdball. you had me wrapped up in the moment, the run, the crisp air, God and stuff, heth singing billy ray...

Anonymous said...

do not channel billy ray

repeat

do not channel billy ray
until you have a true blue mullet you cannot channel the idol of all mullet wearers around the world..unless that is you can do the line dance that went along with that song,(and post it for proof) then feel free to channel my friend!! :)

Anonymous said...

what i feel really bad about is that i bought a couple of small dressers from ikea for park rapids and there was actually some extra cams in the package. i still have them in the plastic tool organizer under the white cabinet in the kitchen up there and just recently, i ran across them and thought......what will i ever need these for????? but true to the family, i did not thow them out. so.......if only i had bought them for iowa, i could have told you right where to go for them.....isn't that always the case.....lessons in patience. yb

Anonymous said...

So mom has to find out on your blog that the knee is bothering you.....hmmmm....shall I lecture you in public about maybe too many miles too soon? I won't, but the advice I will give is that if it was my knee and I sang country music to it, it would quit working all together! ha, ha. ha! sorry all you country fans!

Beth@playinwiththepaulsens! said...

you could do karoke on your next video blog!!! *smile*