Last night was our church's Harvest party and we pulled all the costumes together just in time.
Here we have Noelle, the garden gnome, making her most garden gnome-ish type face:

Then there was Camryn, the Geisha:

Caedmon was a caveman. See how warm he is in this photo, all bare chested and barefooted? This photo was taken before he had his messy caveman hair and mascaraed uni-brow and beard. Gemma threw on one of the many princess dresses from the dress up box. Lay-Zee Heth.

Poor Tyler, Jack, and Toby. The three kids who don't exist in photo form. Ty was some sort of an escaped convict complete with dreadlock wig, sparkly bling, orange jumpsuit, and tattooed arms. Jack wore Tyler's old Link costume. Toby wore a dragon costume. Pull it over his head and voila, dragon. Again, hooray for the kids who make it easy on Mom.
I made a couple of cakes for the cake walk. These were fun. And time consuming.

We scored on the candy again. I had my own little stash of Reeses in my shirt pocket all night, just incase. Incase what? I don't know, but just in case. The big green popcorn bowl is full of candy once again and we haven't even trick or treated yet. That's tonight.
I am fully aware that as I type this, the littlest hooligans are up in their room gorgeing themselves with candy they secretly stole from the kitchen. Am I stopping them? No, I am not. Go ahead, make yourselves sick. I've tried to hide it and this is what happens. (That is one of my most favorite photos ever.)
Now excuse me while I go pour another cup of coffee with a couple mini Snickers on the side.
15 comments:
cute cupcakes!
great costume ideas!
super fun!
sick here. seriously. i have no discipline.
the kids looks awesome. but where's the pic of mom and dad??
noah has been asking all morning if he can be a caveman next year.
LOVED the gnome the best!! funny!
way cute cupcakes!!! for some reason my creativity DOES not work when it comes to cupcakes!
Yes... thank goodness for a few kids that can where last years costumes!!
My kids have been gorging on candy too... the hyperactive barometer is on high!!
Great cakes and costumes!
check out the cowboy costume on this blog...
http://booshay.blogspot.com/
go now cause I think it will change tomorrow!
I wish I'd have thought of the roaming gnome. We have two, one that watches our garden and one that goes with us on vacation and appears in all of the pictures. We even have a bag for him that we put stickers on from the places he goes, it's been fun.
We give the kids a 24 hour gorge fest and we rarely have candy issues throughout the year.
You have also inspired me to return to running, carrying our third child killed my knees and I've been using that excuse for too long. I'm still in the I feel great/I feel like crap stage, but I fondly remember all the miles I logged pre-kids and always feel great doing it.
I look forward to your costumes every year. SO AWESOME.
You didn't let me down.
I can't see the pics! What is up with that?
Loved the creativity and the personality in each of their costumes. You did great!
I was wiped out today, I barely could keep up with those two three year olds, but they are so cute!
Great cakes! How creative. Your kids looked so cute...nice costume ideas.
cute cute cute
yes you deserve the coffee
Love the costumes! Very creative.
You're the funnest bestest mom ever. hands down.
I wondered who made those cakes! The were the most commented on - all good comments of course! Such a fun Halloween at the laundrypile household. :)
you have a son named Caedmon?! Me too!! I have never heard of anyone else with that name (or spelled that way). Very cool. And the costumes are great!
Post a Comment