
They can remove all of the teeter totters and replace the hot metal slides with ones made of colorful plastic. They can even lay down safe shredded rubber instead of cement slabs under playgrounds nationwide.
Just don't mess with the merry-go-rounds.
Just don't mess with the merry-go-rounds.
22 comments:
The park I grew up next to had one that was cyclone fencing on the top!
THAT is an awesome photo.
The merry-go-round is my boys' favorite thing at the park. And there's only one park around here that has one anymore. hmph!
The park our family went to for reunions when I was little had the COOLEST merry go round...it was like that cyclone fencing trashalou said. It was a tall metal pole with like 6 or 7 chains attached to a big metal ring. We would have someone start spinning us. You would have to stand up on the ring and then hold on to the chains. You would start out standing straight up then once it got really moving everyone would hang on and move your body toward the pole!! Holy crap that thing would spin so fast you could not stand back up straight again. I LOVED that thing!! The ring was a good 4 foot off the ground. Then one year we went and it was GONE!! It just wasn't worth going back to the park again.
There are no merry-go-rounds here anymore. Not one. Teeter-totters are gone, too.
Our kids have no idea what an old school metal and concrete playground was like. Somehow, we survived.
Oh my those are long gone in the part of California where I live. I loved those- but can recall several serious 'launches' off of those at full speed as a kid!
GREAT photo.
you take the best photos. this one is just awesome.
i have the best memories of burning hot metal merry-go-rounds from when i was a kid...i haven't seen one in years, though.
This is a really cool photo... but I've got to tell you, it makes me want to throw up. :)
They are the best! What a fun shot!!
That picture is SO good that just looking at it makes me feel a tiny bit nauseaus (sp?) :)
That picture is full of awesome and win.
My oldest loves merry go rounds too...they go "fast, and fast, and fast mommy" he says
I loved merry-go-rounds! So hard to find them, or any good stuff, at the parks now. Everything is "unsafe". The next thing you know the swings will be labeled at "potential projectile objects" and gotten rid of!
i agree... and I love that photo!
brittany
We've always enjoyed merry-go-rounds, but sadly all of our parks and playgrounds have removed them. I haven't seen any for awhile.
Cool picture! How did you set your camera?
Stacey, I tried a bunch of different things that day. Some of the photos stopped the movement so well that it looks like all the kids are just sitting on a stationary merry-go-round. For this particular one, I used the manual settings. I had the aperture set to F13 and the shutter speed was at 1/13 sec to make it blur. I tried a bunch of different angles too and I like this one where I held the camera up higher and kind of got a bird's eye view. My kids get so sick of me always taking a hundred million pictures of everything they do.
GREAT picture!!
Amen and amen! They were always my favorite and our parks don't have a single one...my children are seriously deprived.
AWESOME shot, Heth!!!!!
That makes me want to barf just looking at it! I went on way too many as a kid and now they just make me sick.
That is a fabulous picture, though.
that shot is BEYONDO! soooo cool! you should enter it in a contest or something!
My 4 year old just asked what it was, he has never seen one before!
Post a Comment