We are halfway through our marathon training. It's been such a gradual process that all of a sudden I realized, "Wow! I'm really doing it!" I never would have thought that running seven, eight, and even nine miles on regular old weekdays would feel normal. That weekend runs would all be in the double digits. That running out and back on our local bike trail wouldn't be long enough, we'd have to add on more miles. It's crazy what can be accomplished in nine weeks. Now on to the second nine.
10 comments:
So stinkin' proud of you! :)
love this post....isn't it amazing to see what we can accomplish if we push ourselves and throw away those limitations we think we have?!?!
Awesome! Just wait til you drop back down and only have time to squeeze in a 5 mile run - after running 15 miles at a time, the 5 miles feels like you just went for a stroll:)
That's awesome Heth! Hopefully the second nine will be a piece of cake.
Shoot, a half marathon would be easy now. Way to go, Kiddo. So many life lessons and spiritual applications. Only bummer about the marathon is that you can't take photos while you run!
I am in total awe of you. The human body is incredible, isn't it? Suddenly, this has dawned on me: "She has had several children--how many, I've lost count. And now she's running double digits mileage? She's no human! She's a 'bot!"
That is awesome! What an inspiration you are. Good luck with the continued training.
hooray for half way! can't wait to read the full report in a few weeks.
You are an inspiration!
Congratulations! You are an encouragement!
Post a Comment