Friday, August 29, 2008

According to Dr. Phil

I just overheard one of my children lecturing another one saying, "Dr. Phil says that when you use the word 'but' you are really saying ignore everything I just said, now I'm going to say what I really mean."

It's true. So true.

Inter-sibling conflict management, compliments of daytime TV.

17 comments:

trash said...

could have used some of those negotiating skills around the traps here yesterday.

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

Makes your heart swell with pride doesn't it :)

I've quoted Dr. Phil on that same thing before. It is true!

Elle said...

too funny - love it

Beth@playinwiththepaulsens! said...

love it!!!! he's right! since dr phil said that I am always analyzing my sentences for the "but"!

Anonymous said...

That is so true, and I am going to guess that Noelle said that.

Tina said...

I know Dr. Phil is a celebrity and all... BUT .... jk

our shabby cottage said...

Love it - I'm always quoting Dr. Phil. Now, I am not the only one - even if it is child!!

Lisa said...

And my husband things Dr. Phil is full of bologna.

Can your kids come teach my kids this?

Truth said...

Oh that is so funny.

Unknown said...

This is too funny! My kids get so upset when I watch Dr. Phil. I hope they can learn something from him as well!

Rose said...

Oooh...I have never watched Dr. Phil, yet I have said the same thing! I resolved several years ago to never, ever say "I love you, BUT..." because yeah, it seems to at best qualify that love and at worst negate it altogether.

I have to tell you, Heth...I FINALLY watched Nacho Libre last night. Yep, bought it, too. Laughed heartily.

Jenni said...

GRRRRR...Rose has been using my computer again, I see. Durn kid won't log herself out. Anyway, that was JENNI (above), not daughter ROSE!!

His Girl said...

Just got caught up on the NINE posts I fell behind in reading on your blog. So much fun to read about life in your house and giggling with you at your adorable kids...

thanks for being such a faithful blogger. it's so fun to read/see your adventures!

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

How did society manage without him? I don't watch him all the time, but I have caught myself talking about "deal breakers."

Anonymous said...

See, kids really DO listen! ;) That selective hearing...it's a funny thing...

Anonymous said...

i seriously laughed out loud when i read this, that is hilarious

Queen to my 3 Boys said...

My favourite Dr. Phil saying..."If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy!"

My kids quote it all the time, not because they heard him say it, but because they hear ME say it! *wink*