Wednesday, August 13, 2008

I'm In Denial

I haven't been around much because I'm clinging to the last bit of summer with everything in me. I don't want it to be over yet. Most years I'm shooing the kids out the door to school as soon as I possibly can, but not this year. Summer went way, way, way too quickly.

School starts in one week. I suppose I should go shopping for school supplies.

Eh, I'll get to it.

Eventually...

9 comments:

From Bottle to Box said...

I'm with you. The summer flew. I need one more month of nothing to do with the kids. Maybe by then I'll be ready for them to go to school.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you get another week!

Our schools are starting earlier and earlier here and it's making me mad!

Elle said...

I am with you sister - I love summer and do not want school to start! ugh

Brenda said...

I know!!! I don't want it to end...wayyyyyy 2 short!!

trash said...

When it comes I don't want them to go back to school (we have theree weeks left yet)but I wash we had had a Summer!!!!

Heather said...

Another week sounds good. We started two weeks ago. I love our schedule, but am not fond of our lack-o-summer. It's hard going back to a "fall" semester when there is a heat advisory.

susanna said...

I just found your blog and felt an immediate connection since you are calling out to the world from under a laundry pile. I'm currently working through 12 gagillion loads...no end in sight...and I only have 3 boys....so apparently you're a rock star. Hope you have a fantastic last week of summer!
Sue
(aka tired supergirl)

Anonymous said...

It must be a cultural thing (lots of work time, very little vacation time) but you should see what we get around these southern parts of Europe: School vacation started on the 22nd or 23rd of June and will last til the 15th September. And if you call that a lot, let me tell you: when I was a child (late 70's-mid 80's) school would only start around the 5th October. And we weren't dumber because of that!!!

Anyways, 2- or 3-month-long summers are always short. I hate winter!

Marta from Lisbon

Anonymous said...

I hear ya. This summer flew by, and here I was all worried that it would drag on. I remember wondering, at the end of the school year, what I was going to to do to keep the kids from getting bored...and here we are already at the start of another school year. And those school supplies? Yeah, I'll get to them eventually, too.