Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Updates

Since this blog has been mostly silent with the occasional post about vacation, I will update you on some of the goings on around the Laundry Pile this summer.

  • First of all, the pile of laundry is fairly large right now. I'm hacking away at it one load at a time. That is when we are not at the pool.
  • Toby learned to walk while we were on vacation. He's in that stumbly, out of balance, but still trying phase. It's completely adorable and I want to gobble him up.
  • Jack is now 5. He had a birthday on the very day we were driving home from Northern Minnesota. I decorated his car seat with green balloons and streamers in an effort to win him over from the worst birthday situation possible, a whole day in the car.
  • The kids just got back from "Grandma camp". They spent three days and two nights at my parents' house and we were childless. They made tie dyed shirts, played Frisbee golf, had a campfire, made a pinata, slept in a tent, and who knows what else. Nate and I went to a local water park without them and ate out as much as possible. Lots of Starbucks was consumed.
  • I also took the child free opportunity to do some gardening. I made a new flower bed behind my garage. It was quite a sight, a crazy sweaty lady digging up her lawn. I do what I can to provide entertainment for the neighborhood.
In summary. Summer is good and I love it. Lots. Favorite season of the year hands down.

12 comments:

KarenK said...

Wow, I am a little bit jealous. Sounds like a really great summer!!!

Truth said...

Ah, that sounds wonderful! I should get some pointers from the grandparents about having Grandpa camp. Sounds like a blast.

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

How fun! Totally jealous :)

Amie said...

Starbucks and gardening...perfect.

trash said...

Oh! Walking baby. Makes me smile just thinking about it :-)

I hear the neighbourhood appreciate your efforts at entertainment ;-)

melanie said...

yummy starbucks, you had me going.. i had to make a trip.. it's the extra carmel, i'm tellin ya! we want to see pictures of your garden!!

Kimmie said...

Isn't the baby learning to walk just the cutest thing.

Enjoy the rest of your summer.

Chris @ Come to the Table said...

Oh, how I do love summer...never quite appreciated it when I lived in a milder climate, but now...love it, cherish it, I am thankful for it!

Laundry never ends...but the pool will...keep going!

Anonymous said...

life will be normal again! Today is my first chance to visit your blog since the flood in June. Your vacation sounds like it was so much fun!! Give me a cabin, kids, water, campfires and a little sillyness, and I'm in heaven! Thanks for letting me visit the normal today!!!

Laura Lu said...

you're such a great mom to decorate his car seat. glad you are enjoying your most bestest, favoritest time of the year. ;)

Gretchen said...

Don't assume that being on vacation equals a rotten birthday. My sister and I were on a family camping trip for our 5th birthday, and it is a fond memory. Yes, we were in the car a lot, but 5 is special anyway. We liked to think that the trip was in honor of our birthday (really, it was because our birthday always falls close to or on Labor Day). Hope you had fun!

Anonymous said...

"I do what I can to provide entertainment for the neighborhood."

Too funny. Sometimes I feel like that is my sole job. Ha ha!