Friday, April 18, 2008

The Plunge

It's official. I signed up for my first marathon this morning. 26.2 miles. October 5th. The countdown has begun.

The first line of the release form reads: " I know that running a road race is potentially hazardous activity."

Oh good gracious, what have I done?

25 comments:

Beth@playinwiththepaulsens! said...

Maybe someday I will join you! Whew, you've got some runnin' to do now girl!!!

nicole said...

Wow! Good luck! Way to go. I hope you will post about your training efforts. I'm trying to convince myself to do one before I'm 30, which is August 2009. I don't know if I'll make it or not.

His Girl said...

26.2 MILES?

running?


on purpose?


wow.

more proof you're a better woman than I!

Staci Eastin said...

Good for you! I want to run a half-marathon in September, but I don't think I have the gift of the marathon.

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

Signing up is the hardest part...or is it that last 6 miles? :) I am SO proud of you!! I want to come cheer you on (and then take a shopping break) and cheer you on at the end!!!!

7 kids and a marathon...You are now officially my hero.

Anonymous said...

You are INSANE. I mean that in a jealous sort of way.

melanie said...

yipee!! I am excited for you, you're going to do great!!!

Truth said...

You rock! I can't wait to hear the outcome. I hope you'll post often about your training progress. I think it is great for your kids to see you set this goal, your endurance as you train, and then the end result.

Anonymous said...

YES!!!! You can totally do it. You need to wear that dress, you ran really well in it last time, remember?

Oh man I wish I could be there to cheer you on!

Anonymous said...

You are much braver than I. I'm happy that when I get a chance to exercise during naptime (Hubby works nights so he's home sleeping too. Don't worry, I don't leave the kids alone) I'm just estatic that I can run three whole blocks before having to slow down! 26.2 miles?!! Outrageous. You're my hero!

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

Wow. Congrats to you!

Anonymous said...

You're AMAZING! Is Kelsey running it with you? I agree with Sarah we'll cheer you on and shop that sounds like fun.

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! Good luck with your training! I couldn't do that. I can barely do one mile, much less 26.2! LOL

Anonymous said...

Are you running the Portland Marathon? I work for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, and that is the Marathon I get to work at(...that is why I know they date)
Good luck, I ran my first Marathon last year...it was a blast!

Heth said...

Robin No, I'm actually running the Twin Cities Marathon. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your first one, that is so encouraging.

Stephanie said...

GIRL......I could walk 26.2 miles around a mall, with a starbucks. But a constant state of running...... I am not worthy.....
Cheering you on from the sidelines,
Stephanie

Unknown said...

That's awesome! I walked my first 1/2 a month ago, and I am working up to running it next year. From there...who knows...you can be my role model though--hopefully I'll follow in your footsteps someday!

Anonymous said...

Run Forest, run!

Eric

Amie said...

I ran up the stairs twice a last week and thought I should lay down to nap for a while. Just wow. Congrats for even making a decision to try it! GO YOU!

Chewy Mom said...

Hey Heth,

Sorry to comment a second time on this, but can you give your training hints and tips to us wanna-be-s who are ultra-impressed with you?

Thanks bunches!

Anonymous said...

The child who hated junior high track and swore to never run "long distances" again. Go figure...

Let's not rush October, though; take your time. After all, we just got our first really great spring day today! So practice slowly in hopes of keeping fall at a great distance.
And then kick some booty!

Anonymous said...

Late to the party, but still deeply impressed and a little jealous you are training to run a marathon.

I get all happy with myself when I walk to boys to school a few blocks away.

Laura Lu said...

Heth--You ROCK! All these years of running after your kids have added up. You will do GREAT! I'm proud of you!!!!!

Anonymous said...

WHOOT! I cannot wait to hear all about it!

I have my first 1/2 marathon in just 4 weeks - I'm soooo excited!

Anonymous said...

Yea! Go Heth!