Thursday, April 10, 2008

Thursday is Random Day

It's time for a good old melting pot of topics dontcha think? It's the soup of blogging, throw in a bunch of miscellaneous ingredients and call it a post.

How about in list form, that's even better! And slightly more organized.

  • Today is rainy and windy and blah. I have a whole lot of things I should be doing but I'm finding myself sitting at the keyboard with a big mug of coffee, putting off my to-do list. Next up? Put on socks. My toes are cold. I'm ambitious, I know.
  • I made Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip muffins for breakfast and they are fantastic. If you use mini muffin tins, they are just the right size to eat more and not feel quite as guilty.
  • Tyler got glasses. When he put them on for the first time he said "WOW! Everything is really clear!" Poor kid. Couldn't see much and didn't know it.
  • This post really spoke to me. I think if we all extended each other a little more grace, the mommy wars would be history. And go cheer Jenni on, she is one day from holding her sweet, sweet baby!
  • Toby is crawling. If that's what you want to call it. Picture this. Little baby bum planted firmly on the floor, one leg indian style, the other knee upright with that foot flat on the floor. Mr. Boot Scoot'n Booty then uses said foot to scoot himself around where ever he wants to go. I wish you could see it in person, it's hilarious. Forget about wearing out the knees of his pants, he going to wear out the tushie!
Ok, that's all. And how about a picture of my new haircut? This is me in my element, completely multitasking. Talking on the phone and taking a picture. Next week I get color. YAY!

18 comments:

KarenK said...

Yum! Will you be posting the recipe for the muffins?

Cute hair! I can't see your face very well, though. You've got all those letters stuck in your teeth.

Heth said...

Karen Just follow the linky on the words "peanut butter banana chocolate chip" It should take you to the recipe.

Yeah, letters in the teeth is what happens when you eat alphabet soup for lunch. heh heh.

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

CUTE! You're gonna have to send me front and back shots though...in case I need to copy :)

trash said...

Aren't you the cute little blogger, then? Superb multi-tasking skills, another reason for loving the digital camera. Will try those muffins tomorrow I think - I have the day off YAY!

Anonymous said...

You always have the latest 'dos. Love it!

What color are you going to be?

Emily said...

your hair looks GREAT! love it.

also, i love when babies scoot around like that. i knew another baby who did that -- just hilarious. scooting to the beat of his own drummer.

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

I like your hair cut. I also loved how you described your baby's crawl. Very cute.

Anonymous said...

my middle child scooted exactly as you described...she's never crawled a day in her life, just scooted and then ran.

lovely haircut!

Jenni said...

You are beautiful, baby! And thank you for the linky love...

I think you definitely need to get a video of Toby doing his thing on youtube or something so we can witness this marvel!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I think Toby is one smart dude! Why not scooch on what has the most padding?

melanie said...

toby is the cutest. the cutest..
(i can't wait for tyler to take them out of his pocket- i want to see them!!)

good stuff at jenni's link. thanks for sharing.

Truth said...

Love, love, love the haircut. So what color are you going for? (Dare I whisper shades of red, for fear your dh my hear?)

Glasses are so much fun, to see anyway. I think all of my kids got them around 5th grade. But trying to get them to keep them on without thinking they looked nerdy, sheesh! You'd think they'd want to see all of the time.

Alene said...

Love it! I love how we multi-task. Great picture - great hair cut. I'm in dire need. I love your blog. Probably because I recently wrote a Bible study workbook called Dirty Laundry Secrets - A Journey to Meet the Launderer and I have laundry on the brain. I would love to send you a free copy if you'd like. I think you'd love the laundry theme. Blessings, girl!

Amie said...

We Crack Up in the nursery watching him scoot - I wouldn't turn my back on that many brothers and sisters either! lol That would just be asking for someone to sit on you, wouldn't it?

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to drop a comment. I found your blog while surfing through blogrolls of various sites and found yours. :-)

Mmmm...muffins. I baked some chocolate chip ones last weekend....they were gone within an hour.

Unknown said...

Your hair is super cute!

Lindsay said...

What a Great picture!! I love it!

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Waaay cute!