Friday, April 11, 2008

A Rockin' Friday Night

We know how to party at the Laundry Pile house. It's Friday night and what are we doing? I'll tell you. We are watching old Sesame Street clips on You Tube. I give you two of my favorites. This first one CRACKED ME UP when I was a young lass. My sister and I died laughing every time we saw Ernie do his fish call. I'm not exactly sure what we thought was so funny.




Then there were the Yip Yip aliens. You want to talk about trauma! These guys freaked me out so. much. Go ahead and watch it, but I'm warning you, you might have bad dreams tonight.

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Talk about your time travel! One of those great things I forgot I remember. I can just hear the second generation of giggles as the fish jumps the boat. What a find!

Staci Eastin said...

Thanks for sharing these.

My roommate from college and I used to talk about the one time when we were young when we got to see the inside of Oscar's trash can. We never saw it again. We dreamed of once again viewing the inside of Oscar's can.

You've inspired me to do a YouTube search, and it wasn't there. A search of Muppet Wiki has informed me that the inside of Oscar's can did not debut until the early nineties, long after my Sesame Street viewing days ended.

It seems my roommate and I thought that the 1970 version of "I love trash," where Oscar walks around among his favorite things, was the inside of his trash can. It was not.

A little piece of me has died today.

melanie said...

yip yip yip yip yip yip yip. good friday night entertainment. they kinda look like my brothers.

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

Party. Animals. That's what you are :) So glad we're not the only ones...we watched a Star Wars movie...with commercials!?!

Anonymous said...

Ernie and Kermit the Frog's voices remind me of my dad.

I can totally see you and Holly laughing at the "Heeeeere fishfishfish!" The yip yip aliens are creepy.

I remember always wanting to see what the inside of Oscar's garbage can looked like. Did they ever show it? I remember those little bugs in the flower pot, I always loved them. There were a couple songs that always made me cry, "Won't You Come Over And Play" and the "Milk" song, I think because there is a baby crying for its bottle and I felt this sense of urgency to get the milk to her right away.

Did you watch Electric Company?

Anonymous said...

I just had to add, the Pinball Machine! I think that was Nate's favorite! Did you find it? Or was that on Electric Company. And I just remembered the Ladybug Picnic song. Sooo many great songs!

Anonymous said...

Classics.

Watching Old School Sesame on YouTube is practically a hobby around here.

My ringtone is this memorable SS song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewalHF0T0GY

Blush.

Truth said...

LOL, things have changed a lot, haven't they? My oldest (who isn't much younger than you) is very entertained by these too and found the same one hilarious. The other one was creepy and she hated those guys.

Heth said...

Writing and livingI too was curious about the inside of Oscar's can. I'm so sorry your dreams are crushed. Ann, I loved the Twiddlebugs. Is that what they were called? I don't remember ever watching Electric Company.

Mopsy, your ringtone cracks me up! Love it!

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

We recently rented Sesame St. Old School from Netflix. My daughter said "Where's Elmo?" But she really got into the old clips and loves the "One of these things is not like the other..."

trash said...

i played just this game with one of my borrowed kids - just to warn you to stay well clear of (I think it was Kermit and Cookie Monster) one where they are singing about a box or parcel. Cookie Monster (again,I think) has a little swearing episode at the end - quiet but very definite.

Anonymous said...

Hehe. Those were great....though I agree, the Yip Yip aliens were definitely creepy. *shiver*

His Girl said...

come and play, everything's A-OK

thanks for the wonderful flashback!

Marcy Massura said...

Great post today. We did something similar on Friday night: we watched the School House Rock DVD's I bought. Now if you wanna laugh some more- get a hold of those and a glass of wine....and sing along!!!!

Bekki said...

Thanks for these...my family and I were cracking up watching them. And now my oldest walks around going, "heeere FISHY FISHY FISHY"
:-)

Life in Fitzville said...

I LOVED the yip aliens! I have browsed those clips too... guilty pleasure of mine. My all time favorite sesame street song is "Lower case N"... that's on youtube too!

OOOHHH and the painter guy!!! I think all his episodes are on there too!

Julie Q. said...

Thanks for posting these. I let my kids watch them and they loved the fish one. Ernie's laugh at the end is the best!

Harper said...

Great clips! My mother and I both STILL refer to the fish call on occasion (I think she enjoyed Sesame Street at least as much as I did). I had forgotten about the yip aliens, but, after watching it, I remember how they freaked me out too! My parents had no qualms about taking me to see scary movies, so the yip aliens' ability to walk through walls really scared me. Thanks for the clips!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe Bert said, "That is rich"! ha ha ha

What cracks me up is the way their heads whip back when the fish lands in the boat. My little girls would love this.

I love the Sesame Street of my childhood!

Tammy said...

I absolutely LOVE Sesame Street and was completely distraught when my kids would not watch it when old enough. What???? Hmpf.

They just don't know what they missed out on!