Thursday, April 24, 2008

I'm Too Tired To Think Of A Title

I am tired.

Deep down in my bones tired.

I've let myself get really run down and I can't believe I didn't see it coming. A recipe for exhaustion:

  • Donate blood
  • Don't drink enough water
  • Run
  • Don't get enough sleep
  • Run
  • Go on a field trip with Kindergarteners
  • Run at the crack of dawn. In the rain.

This will eventually manifest itself in a severe lack of energy, a bit of a cold, and a touch of mastitis. Good times.

I feel so far behind, I have a million things to do. I have a million blog posts to read. Ok, not really, only 229. But that's a lot.

My body is trying to get my attention and I'm going to listen. It's telling me to take a warm shower, put my pajamas back on, ignore the housework, and snuggle with my kids on the couch. I think it also mentioned something about eating pancakes.

23 comments:

Born Blonde said...

Pancakes are an integral part of any real recovery. Get better.

Anonymous said...

Oh Heth, I'm so sorry you're not feeling good. Rest as much as you can, forget the housework. I wish I could come over and make you some pancakes.

Anonymous said...

I think your body also said something about chicken noodle soup. It will be delivered later this afternoon. Stay on that couch!

Beth@playinwiththepaulsens! said...

You are funny even when you are tired! You made me laugh today! Don't forget to put peanut butter on those pancakes!!! Once you try it you will never go back.....

Staci Eastin said...

Oh, goodness. Rest. You would have earned the rest just from the field trip, in my opinion.

KarenK said...

I'm sending you a virtual Twinkie today. :) Be kind to yourself.

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

It's a perfect rainy day to snuggle. And the kids can watch cartoons while you nap on the couch...not that I've ever done that *cough* :)

PS - No more running in the rain. I've decided it's Gods way of telling me I have the day off ;)

Anonymous said...

To quote our Wed. nite book study: "For some of you, the most spiritual thing you could do right now is put this book down and go take a nap." Sounds like you already know that advice--snuggle on...

Truth said...

I hope you are back in your pajamas and resting. Oh, and eating some chocolate chip pancakes. No, those require too much work. Just open a can of chocolate frosting. A bite of frosting, a bit of a twinkie....that should do it.

Jenni said...

Bring on the pancakes!

Hope you feel much better soon...

Jackie said...

Mmmmm...pancakes. And a nap. Sounds good to me. :)

Rachel Marie said...

The only thing that could make that plan more perfect is pancake delivery!

Mrs. Schmitty said...

Perfect ways to feel better! Especially the snuggling and pancakes!

trash said...

Wow! you should listen to your body - jammies, snuggling and pancakes!

Anonymous said...

Your body is a genius. Listen to it.

Hope your energy is restored, soon.

Stacey said...

You are way more motivated than you think! Run, run, run!! Good for you! Enjoy your kids!

FLmom7 said...

Pajamas, pancakes and snuggling on the couch, sounds like a plan to me. Hope you get your energy back soon.

Anonymous said...

I hate times like that. Take care of yourself!

Amie said...

229??? Woah

Anonymous said...

I slept straight through my alarm this morning...something that only happens when my body absolutely insists I take a morning off - get some rest:)

His Girl said...

see? running and housework are baaad.

that's why i don't do 'em!

junglemama said...

Ei Yi Yi. Hope you feel better soon.

melanie said...

oh hon, hope you're feeling better!