Remember when I trimmed the trees?
Well.
Today I was sitting out on the deck in the sunshine watching the little boys play in the sandbox while Gemma napped. I noticed one of the limbs on the tree beside me was stripped of it's leaves because of small children and their inability to resist the urge to swing from low hanging branches. I should have just turned my head and looked the other way, but it was driving me crazy. So I got the trimmer out.
Now mind you, this year I am informed on how to use a tree trimmer properly. I now realize that it extends. I now realize I can shear off small branches with a quick yank of a rope. I have upgraded my skills. So I trimmed that little branch right off. But then something overtook me. I became a crazy woman who could not stop herself from trimming just a little more here and just a little more there. And look at the branch, it does not need to be there. Either does that one. My perennials underneath could use a little more light.
And then I remembered the tree up front and how it had some pretty low hanging branches too so I started hacking on that one. Pretty soon I was standing shin deep in greenery. Hey, the trees look great now. You can't tell me I don't put on a good show for the neighbors. If it's not small toddlers running around the yard in their duct taped diapers, it's a crazed pregnant woman chopping down trees. "Free entertainment" should be a big selling point for any prospective home buyers on our street.
If you were a bunny hiding in the bushes you would have heard me say "Quick boys, help Mommy get these branches cleaned up before your dad gets home." It's not that he's not going to notice the small forest now piled up on our unplanted garden, it's just that I want him to see the quality of my handiwork before the mess. I'm sure he will be impressed. Maybe he will just roll his eyes at my antics. What can I say, I'm addicted to pruning.
9 comments:
I love me some free entertainment. There is definitely plenty to go around at your house :) Isn't pruning fun? I like it too.
Woman! Where doth thy energy spring from? Pray tell so that I may drinketh from thy fount as well.
Good heavens.
I think that is hilarious! I am still trying to finish my INSIDE projects! Having Little Wiseman, we are losing our office so we have our supplies etc in boxes in teh garage. I have SO MUCH to do in 8 weeks!
I forget, what number is this for you? 6 or 7?
I would definitely be watching the pregnancy woman on her pruning spree.I bet it looks great! You should share some pictures with us non-neighbors who didnt get to watch the show...LOL
LOL, don't you know the story "if you give a mouse a cookie?" Oh wait, I think you've quoted that one before. You should know better...hope your dh was pleased with your trimming job!
New here:)
I found your blog this evening, and you just crack me up! I can just imagine the scene now.....I Love it!
I have used duct tape to keep diapers on too~Is there anything better?
Have a great evening!
The cutting isn't the bad part, it's cleaning up all the darn branches when finished! You must have lots of energy to get all that done!
You always manage to get me tickled. :0)
You are one crazy lady. I do wish I lived on your block for soooo many more reasons than just to watch you prune trees with your half naked, duct tape diapered ankle biters running around. Please try to take it easy.
Post a Comment