Thursday, January 04, 2007

Ninja

So far today Jack has been caught smuggling from the kitchen:

  • A chocolate truffle with a bite out of it, in his fist
  • A bottle of sprinkles, wrapped tightly in his shirt
  • A box of pistachio pudding, tucked away in a lunch box

There was also the incident in the church parking lot this morning. Picture me, holding a toddler and three bags containing various crafts, in a dead sprint chasing Mr. Defiant around the building. It seems that "everyone to the van" really means, "run as fast as possible the opposite direction while laughing".

Three is the new Two. As in Terrible.

20 comments:

KarenK said...

I really believe that the person who coined the phrase "terrible twos" obviously had not gotten to three yet.

Anonymous said...

I can so totally relate. I hoped that the Terrible Twos would magically disappear when he turned 3. I've been waiting since November...

Anonymous said...

If it makes you feel any better (and it probably will not, ha!), my latest issue is the twins one boy and one girl wishing to be held at the exact same time (they are 2 1/2) and they weigh A LOT...and if they don't get their way, they lay on the floor screaming and telling me "ho me, ho me, ho me". It's lovely really...this is also while my five year old has found some other little boy to chase down the hallway at church racing to see who can get to the oldest child the fastest...then she (8) is picking at the child that is not being held saying I'll hold you, I'll hold you I'll hold you...OVER AND OVER AND OVER as the baby responds with NO NO NO NO NO...I FEEL YOUR PAIN!!!

Good luck! :)

Heather said...

That really made me smile. Three is the new two. :)

Big Mama said...

I couldn't agree more. Two was a breeze compared to three.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry but I did find it humurous.

Anonymous said...

He is sooooo funny,
soooooo sneaky,
and alas,
getting so sophitcated in his crimes.
Yikes!

But I might hire him to go undercover and get me one of those chocolate truffles......

Anonymous said...

jack is my inspirasion...
I can't steal anything from the kitchen, because mom always catches me!!

melanie said...

you go gettem jack!! sugar? did you say sugar?

Anonymous said...

Somehow I know I shouldn't Heather, but this makes me want to laugh and maybe even yell, Go Jack Go...but I know Coleman just turned two so I will just keep those thoughts to myself.

Anonymous said...

Yes! 2 was a breeze...I thought, "Wow. We are either really good parents or we have a VERY easy daughter!" She is now showing us exactly what we were missing! i keep thinking, "This too shall pass..."

Anonymous said...

Oh my. Jack is quite the card, isn't he?

Hilarious post, although I feel your pain. I really, really do.

Truth said...

My kids were pretty much delightful at 2. It was the 3 number that would put us over the edge.

Renee said...

I agree 3 yo boys are humbling!

Renee

Anonymous said...

I have a 5 year old who I would swear at times is still in the "terrible twos". I am not sure she will ever grow out of it. My son on the other hand has just turned 2 and so far so good. On the bright side you can count that as a cardio work out:)

Anonymous said...

you do feed him, right?

lol, just kidding. what a jokester!

Anonymous said...

I have had two children now three and under. I am pregnant with my third. If I would have waited until my oldest son was three????? NO MORE CHITTTLENS! My husband would have been lined up to get his very own vasectomy, like it was the line to bye the new Harry Potter book.

Unknown said...

Those are my favourite scenes to watch but oh so frustrating to experience. Did you catch the little one?! Giggling the whole time too right?!

Anonymous said...

i love his taste in food, though!

Anonymous said...

heth, what do you expect he is from your genes!!!!!

when's the last time you didn't try sneaking those sweet things into your own mouth before one of the little kiddos caught you!!!!????

now if you are in fact, trying to eat a package of dry pistachio pudding, then we might need to get concerned... :)