Monday, January 08, 2007

Schooled by Toddlers



You know life is good when the worst news of the day is that you got your butt kicked by a three year old and a five year old in a cut-throat game of Cootie. I just couldn't roll a three for the life of me. I think the die was loaded.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heather you bless me! I am sure there are many household duties that are screaming at you ALL the time, and yet you sit down and play Cootie with the boys. They may not remember whether other things that can become so important to us were done or not, but they will remember Mama taking time out to play with them.

Anonymous said...

Wha?

You actually play by the rules? You don't just build bugs and attack each other while making gross sounds?

Heth said...

Mopsy- That's what we will do when pieces come up missing, but we just got it for Christmas and still have all the legs and everything. Give us another week or two and we will be playing attack of the killer Cooties too.

Anonymous said...

you crack me up! That is awesome!

I came home Sunday night to a teenage battle of "life"... they were doing all they could to not let Shawn win!

what fun!

Truth said...

Oh gosh, how I miss cootie bugs.

Anonymous said...

My five-year-old dominated the board when we played chess yesterday. The game was played by his rules: He could move anywhere, any direction, and capture any of my pieces for any reason. If I tried to point out that a particular piece could only move in a certain way, he'd practically stick his fingers in his ears and chant, "la-la-la-la, I'm not liiiiiisteniiinng" in order to go on with his successful strategy.

As you say, life is good. Even when the pawn can zig-zag across the board and jump over a castle just to get to my knight.