I just never feel right about actually typing words on Wordless Wednesday, wouldn't that be breaking the rules? But I suppose the photos in the previous post need a little commentary.
We were actually trying to put a huge pop up tent back in the teeny little bag that it came in. The directions make it look easy, fold here and here and then just twist your wrists and voila!, it's in the bag, but actually executing those same moves results in nothing but frustration. You can see that I strategically manned the directions sheet and I put Nate in the "hands on" role, because bossing someone around is a whole lot more fun. You can also see that I did actually end up getting involved for a bit, but that didn't go well. My mom could feel the love, so she captured those precious moments for us to remember forever.
The tent eventually made it back into the bag and then into the box that it came in. We hesitate to bring it up from the basement where we are hiding it from the kids. Once we pop that baby open, we need to be ready for it to be a permanent fixture in our house. And let me just emphasize that it is a very, very large tent. I can stand up in it. I think maybe all of our kids could sleep in it. I'm pretty sure it will take up all available floor space in which ever bedroom we put it up in. But gosh, it's going to be a lot of fun. If it looks that big to me at 5' 7", I wonder how it looks to our littlest anklebiters. Probably like a mansion.
7 comments:
Once my boys got a pop up fire truck. They loved it. We could never figure out how to fold it back up. Fortunately it would at least fold flat and slide under the bed! ;-)
The silly tent has even more history....your dad told me not to try it out before I wrapped it, so I waited until he was at work....When I couldn't get it folded back up, I waited for your brother to come home from school so that he could help me before Dad got home. Which made it even more funny to watch you two Christmas morning.
And I think the directions were terrible!
i still think that's funny!
haha
Your explanation along with the pictures really had me laughing out loud. Laughing hard. I love that first picture of you with the directions. LOL.
Getting those things back in the tiny little bag they came in is truly a challenge.
Thanks for the laugh.
I hear you about the WW's. I get tickled when someone goes on and on about their photo. Um wordless, people.
I never can fold up those foldable thingeys. We used to have a school bus contraption. Oh, and a baby sun shade that were the same kind of thing.
A mansion tent, what kid wouldn't die for that??? That scene looked all too familiar. My kids had something similar and I never did get the thing back into that nice round shape and into the box. But then, I didn't get help with someone bossing me the directions either. I gave up until I threw it away.
that's got house addition written all over it. who cares if your siding isn't blue with green trim!!! with the mild winter Nate and the kids could just about have a sleep over in the thing...
hmmm, just imagine you in the house...quiet...all by yourself!
Wow, that was fun for the minute I let you go there, wasn't it!?!?! :)
Post a Comment