Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Just Humor Me Ok?


It's national delurking week. I know this is going to stretch some of you waaaaay beyond your comfort zones, but please? It can be your little gift to me and you don't even have to wrap it. I would love to know who is reading and how you found me. If you don't have a blogger account, just choose "other" and tell me who you are. I swear, it's not going to hurt. Just poke your head in a give a little wave.

*edited to add: This goes for all you regular commenters too. Don't think you are off the hook for this one. It's like a mini roll call and I want to hear from everyone.

72 comments:

iridium said...

It's me...your husband.

Anonymous said...

I may have commented before, but I know I lurk more than I comment. I found you by way of several blogs that have links, like Rocks in My Dryer and the like. I especially enjoy reading your blog b/c you are approximately my age and you have more kids than me!

Anonymous said...

here! it's me. i've commented here before, and have been reading for long enough that i don't remember where i came from. :)
but i am always here reading.

Anonymous said...

I don't remember where I came from either, but I was hooked after reading your husband's parody of Mandy- laugh-out-loud funny. As a mom of five, I feel a certain kinship with anyone who defines themselves by the amount of laundry they have on the floor at any given time...

Anonymous said...

I found you through another blogger...was looking for NORMAL (I know, normal is as normal does) people that I could relate to...I am the mom of four kids and struggle daily with my faith and wanted to know I was human! :) You rocks!

Anonymous said...

Hi! I've been reading for a couple weeks. I think I found you when I 'googled' an end of the year meme. Loved your writing and decided to stick around. :)

All the best to you and your family in the new year!

Anonymous said...

I'm here too... uh... I found you when you told me about nate, who by the way, doesn't bother to blog anymore...

Anonymous said...

Shannon from Rocks in My Dryer recommended your blog with 4 others for me to start exploring the world of blogging. I don't have a blog. I would be a natural blogger, but I don't have time to get going on one now. I have 8 children and they are all at home with me all day. I read very few blogs.

Anonymous said...

uhh....it's me your sister
hehe

Anonymous said...

I commented once before, and have been reading for about 2 weeks now. I like to read blogs about people who are in a similar place in life that I am. I found you through Sara's blog, that I found through another website.

I have a very strong faith in God but struggle somedays. I am 24 and have two little ones (3 and 16 months), and want lots more! We live in a tiny house too, and reading an older post of yours (the trundle bed one) made you my idol! LOL! :) But seriously, I'd like to know HOW you do it with so many in such little space. If you ever have time, let me know! :)

Anonymous said...

i read....

...can i steal that icon for my blog? I didnt' know where you got it. If not it's ok.

Email me kiliblog@cox.net

Anonymous said...

I'm a commenting nut...if I come to read, I HAVE to say something. I just can't keep my mouth shut.
It's a gift, really.

Help I'm blogging/commenting and I can't shut up! :D

I sure enjoy checking in with you and put you on my Fav's list, too. Just cuz! No paybacks necessary - just wanted you to know how much I like your writing.

Anonymous said...

It's your mother.
How I found you?
Well, in a few days, it will be your ?? birthday. We were at the hospital, they needed forcepts, it was touch and go....but there you were!
Was that more info than you were looking for....?

Truth said...

I love coming to your blog, Heth. I found you because of all of those kids which make you eligible for that one board, lol.

No matter what you write, I find myself smiling. It's so nice to have somewhere to go on the internet that is so full of smile-producing joy.

Not to mention you are the queen of being faithful commenter!!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure how I found you exactly, but there's a good chance I clicked in from Mommylife or Rocks in My Dryer. I haven't commented on any blogs I read lately because of a baaaaad case of keyboard in mouth disease. :) I do, however, enjoy reading you on an almost daily basis!
Vida

FillingMyQuiver said...

I've commented once before I think, but I'm Jenn, I found you through Sara's blog, which I found through MDC. I've really enjoyed reading your blog. I'm a mama of 2 kiddos right now, but we're hoping the Lord blesses us with many more. Like others, I struggle almost daily w/ my faith and with finding my rhythm in being a mama. It's comforting to read about others who struggle with the same things :)

Julie Q. said...

I'm not sure if I found your blog first or if you stopped my mine for some reason, but now I'm a pretty regular reader even when I don't comment (which is most of the time -- sorry). I look forward to your Wordless Wednesdays which are always worth the trip.

Anonymous said...

Love your blog Heth. Not sure how I found you. Maybe you visited me and I followed you back and stayed.

Anonymous said...

I have commented before, irregularly though. I can't remember how I found you, but I love the name, especially as I feel the same, always under the laundry pile. I enjoy your post so much, so humorous. Your good!

Anonymous said...

It's your father... Yes, I've been reading in the shadows. Every morning I check for updates when I check the forecast. You are my precious 1st born and always will be!

boomama said...

Hey.

[she says, sheepishly]

:-)

Anonymous said...

*waving* I'm here!

Renee said...

I stumbled across your Blog last week. I LOVE your sense of humor, and well.. as a Mama to 9 I can relate to being under the laundry pile ;o)

Thanks for being a blessing!
Renee

Anonymous said...

I love Nate's comment....

I found you through your dear, sweet, wonderful, loving, beautiful, Godly mom.

You always inspire me and make me smile

Chewy Mom said...

Yoo hoo! I stalk your blog regularly, looking for new posts, because you are a great writer and I love to read what you have to say!!

Thanks for getting me into the Wordless Wednesday's, too--I love those!

melanie said...

i love your mom's comment, forcepts and all!
the first time i met you, you had baby cammy on your lap in the nursery. i couldn't figure out what was wrong with you people, you were so sweet and cared and, ?. and here we are, camping with 12 kids later. your blog always uplifts my spirit and leaves me the biggest grin, love you!

Anonymous said...

Hi Heth! I have no idea how I found you, but I've been reading and loving your blog for ages now.

I am still jealous of your fashion sense and tiny, tiny waist. Ugh. But I like you anyway. I guess. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi, I have you in my bloglines, and both my use of Bloglines and my reading your blog are the sole responsibility of a mutual friend, Sara (of the Walk Slowly Live Wildly blog). I enjoy your writing.

Sarah

Anonymous said...

I confess...I do not comment as much as I should. I'm like a person who watches The Boston Pops on PBS but never calls into contribute during the pledge drive.

But, I do so enjoy your blog :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm here and there. I've been reading for a while (I've even commented on your posts over at my own little bloggity-home.)

Love, Love, LOVE your blog! Happy New Year!

Chilihead2 said...

Chili checking in! Found waaaaay back in 2005 via Shannon's Rocks in My Dryer. Been readin' ya ever since.

Anonymous said...

Mostly a lurker here, I'm not sure how I found your blog, it was through a link from someone else's sidebar, but I forget whose. I love reading about you and your (growing!) family!

Gretchen from A House Full of Boys

Anonymous said...

It's me, your trusty running partner. I found you before your blog, but your blog never fails to humor me with just the daily events of life. Reading about your day when I don't see you (after 7 am) is a highlight!

Anonymous said...

I go to church with you, and love, love, love to read your stuff. See you at craft night!

Anonymous said...

Hi, distybug here. I read your blog regularly, just haven't commented. I don't remember how I found your blog, maybe from Rocks in My Dryer or Life in a Shoe? Anyway, I enjoy your blog. Please visit mine sometime.

Anonymous said...

not sure how i found you (probably rocks in my dryer), but i liked your writing, so i put you in my Bloglines. :)

Nen said...

ok, so you should know, I really enjoy peeking into your laundry mess, while I escape mine... and i only have two children, one on the way. I blame it on our home church, home schooling, and other obligations. I actually manage to get mine clean... 3 cheers for me... thank you.

but the pile of unfolded clean clothes grows and grows... and grows...

Anonymous said...

Yes, I'm a lurker! I don't blog, so I always hesitate to comment...But since you requested I do so...:) I'm not sure how I found you, but I've been reading for a month or so now. I love the way you write and the Wordless Wednesdays (so great)! I'm a mother to one (so far), but we think we'd like a large family, so yours definitely intrigues me. Thanks for letting me lurk. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi!

Anonymous said...

I've lurked on a site you frequent (which I finally became "official" on in November), you know the one where "Wow'ing" isn't allowed ; ) I'm not sure how I got to your blog, though. Maybe you posted it once? It's been many months that I have been reading, and I will continue on for many months to come! (well.....as long as your here writing, I guess.)

Anonymous said...

Hi...I'm Kelli from Michigan. Not sure how I found you. Maybe from BooMama, Sarah from In The Midst of It, Rocks in My Dryer...I think you get my point. I am a HUGE lurker! I get so inspired and entertained by reading everyone's blogs. Hope you don't mind me eaves-dropping in on you:)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting/commenting on my blog for nat'l de-lurker week!

i stole your picture, you said i could though!! :)

Anonymous said...

Like a lot of other people I came by way of Rocks in my Dryer or What Makes a Housewife Desperate? I've been reading a while and comment every once in a while, so I'm not a total lurker. We're the same age and I have three boys with one about the same age as Jack that seems as though could be his twin.

Anonymous said...

It's me!!!! *hugs*

Anonymous said...

Hi. I drop on once in a while just to see what you've posted. You have an interesting family and fun blog to peruse. =D

Anonymous said...

Look how popular you are! I posted the Wordless Wednesday photo of your sleepyheads on my blog one time, I was so taken by it.

I pop in now and then for a visit. Feel free to do the same. I have a new blog over at WordPress. My old Blogger blog is just sitting there, gathering dust, but it will direct you to the new-and-improved Ann Kroeker site.

Anonymous said...

I'm very much a regular and have been around since the very beginning of your fabulous blog...

:)

Anonymous said...

Just following your link from the TOK board and being obedient to comment! lol I've really enjoyed what I've read today and will keep checking up!

Natalia

Anonymous said...

Hey. I'm Melissa, mother of four girls, book reader, and lover of your blog. I think I discovered you when I was pregnant with my fourth, and it helped me keep a decent attitude throughout. I figure if you can manage with 6 (nearly 7!) kids and keep your sense of humor, then maybe four isn't all that bad!

Anonymous said...

Hi! I found you from Rocks in my Dryer. I've gotten here from Wordless Wedsnesdays too. I've commented on those. -

Anonymous said...

Hi ,
Just found you from Notes From The Trenches. Cheers,
Layla

Anonymous said...

I'm a lurker too. Probably found you through the Works For Me Wednesday postings, but I have no idea. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

sigh..ok...(me standing up)
Hi my name is Tanya and I laugh hysterically at Heths jokes...
I know I know I SHOULD stop...

thank you...

Anonymous said...

Hi - I just found you through my sister's blog Cosbyfamily1

Wow 6 kids - I am impressed! My sister has 4 and I thought she was busy :-) Adorable kids!

Jennifer Laycock said...

It's me, The Lactivist.

First time visitor...was out blog surfing through the blog rolls of all the sites I read.

Anonymous said...

Howdy mama. It's me, Sara. Happy early birthday. I miss you bunches!

Anonymous said...

I just discovered your blog. I'm a fellow mommy and comma lover, but I'm not as prolific. I only have two kids, and I'm 27. =)

Anonymous said...

Hey, Heth, I'm here! I started when you told me to come check up on you. :) Miss you bunches! Love your mom and mil's commments. You always make me smile.

Laura

Anonymous said...

Hi, I've commented a couple times. I linked from Sandy's blog.
Deborah

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure where I found your blog, or for how long I've been "lurking"; several months, I guess. I love reading about you and your sweet family regularly. Keep up the funny posts and pictures!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm Emily...never commented before. I think that I linked to you from rocks in my dryer? Your family is precious.

Anonymous said...

I'm late but happy delurking week

Anonymous said...

I'm a first-time visitor who found your link on a blog called "Writing and Living" (whose link I found on a book blog called "pages turned"). I love the normalcy of your blog -- a fun dose of family life!

I'm a new mom of an 11-week-old little boy, basking in the joy he's brought to our lives.

Anonymous said...

Not sure how I found you - and I'm TERRIBLE at leaving comments so I typically leave none.

I'm most intrigued at the fact trhat you find time to exercise, blog and run a family.

I have to do ONE thing at a time...hence, no blog, no exercise, but I do manage to get things done around here. Well, most of the time...

Anonymous said...

Hello! I can't remember how I found you (I'm just sort of going from link to link and having fun reading blogs)but I've enjoyed reading your blog!

Anonymous said...

(Raising hand in air) "Here."

Amie said...

It's me - the other pregnant lady! Holy Cow - 68 comments?? You are one popular lady!

Anonymous said...

hey,
just popped in from chewymom..
great idea. i'm sick of trying to trace my sitemeter....
so *hi* from kate in new zealand...

Anonymous said...

Hello. Delurking a few days late. I love your blog.

Anonymous said...

I'm always reading! My mom told me about Ang's blog, and I found you through her! Plus, I've known you since, what, I was born?

Anonymous said...

Hi Heath!!!! I met you at Ridiculous Days with Anne, and again at the Heritage Days Parade. You gave us plastic bags for our candy and we sat close to you, but not TOO CLOSE! We have since left Iowa and are back in Seattle. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to read your blog! Keeps me laughing! Loved the Hollister belt story at the Fareway! And your pictures are gorgeous!!!!! Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful family and your gift to write! Take care! Deb

Heth said...

Deb! It's great to hear from you. Thanks for de-lurking and next time you are in Iowa, I hope we cross paths again!