I hate to post this without photos, but you will just have to forgive me. This morning I dressed my girls up again, it's like having two Halloweens in three weeks. Except with no Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. (oh yeah, the secret stash......shhhh.)
Their school was doing a storybook day where kids were encouraged to come to school dressed as their favorite storybook character. Last night we dug through the dressup box. "How about a clown? Do you have any books that have a clown in them?", "A pumpkin? How about Peter Peter Pumpkin Eater?" No takers. And I think that was just a nursery rhyme anyway. We finally pulled together some outfits resembling two very different leading ladies.
Camryn, adorned with a big floppy bow on top of her messy hair, left the house as Junie B. Jones. This was a huge stretch for Cam, who always like to have her hair brushed perfectly straight with "no bumps". She embodied Junie B. I had to laugh. Those books just crack me up, I love, love, love reading them.
Noelle on the other hand, paraded out the door dressed as a beautiful princess with eleven sisters, all of whom had holes in their shoes from dancing the night away. We don't need to tell the teacher that we just read this story for the first time just the other night and that it was pretty much the only costume we could come up with the night before the big day. She looked great, complete with at aluminum foil crown, taped together as the bus rolled down the street.
Again, sorry, no photos. But maybe I will take some tonight when they get home, providing the bow is still on and the crown is not in the trash.
You know what is even better than a baked potato at nine in the morning? A bean burrito at ten.
7 comments:
Would that be the Princess from 12 Dancing Princesses? We got that video for a birthday gift and it is way popular in our house.
A bean burrito sounds good and I don't even have pregnancy as an excuse.
How creative! Sometimes the last minute throw togethers turn out to be the best afterall!
Nothing says pregnant like a 10 a.m. bean burrito. : )
Bean Burrito UMMMMMMMMMM!
LOL, Heather...
Our kids had a "dress like your favorite book character" day a few weeks ago. Aidan went as Laura Ingalls not so much because Laura is her favorite, but because she had a bonnet she was DYING to wear SOMEWHERE and here was her opportunity.
Keep eating anything you want, girlfriend! You deserve it. I do hope you get pics. I used to do the same thing when my kids had dress up/book character day. Then one year my mom made a "Francis" costume for my dd, from Bread and Jam for Francis. This was a fur costume, complete with head and all. (My mom makes/designs costumes professionally-like school mascots.) It was amazing, but I felt a little guilty sending her in this perfect badger costume.
OH enjoy your pregnancy (like I have to say this hehehe) and HAHAHAHA at feeding baby for wordless wednesday!! ohmy I giggled soooooo hard....Im back from being internet free and lets just say I missed everyone...Im sure it didnt seem much to anyone else but HOLY moly I use this puppy as a lifeline at moments!!
So excited and can't wait to see your ultrasound photos!!
Post a Comment