I'm skipping wordless Wednesday this week. I don't have photos of all the kids in their costumes. Well, I do, but they are on the roll of film that is IN my camera right now so, sorry.
I am convinced that holidays bring out the best in the procrastinators of the world. Just as you will find me wrapping Christmas presents on Christmas Eve, you can be sure we are assembling costumes the night before Halloween. Would that be Halloween Eve? That just seems wrong.
And sure enough we were. Noelle chose a particularly difficult costume this year that involved ribbon and a balloon and a robe and latex gloves. She decided to be Alien Abduction and I was the lucky girl who got to assemble the thing. It came together quite nice and only required repairs about three times.
Tyler was Smarty Pants. Smarties taped to his pants. He won the prize from his mother for easiest costume. Thank you Tyler. We did slick his hair down and added glasses and suspenders for that extra nerdy effect.
Cam was a penguin. Craft foam is my new best friend. I was happy with how it turned out. She loves penguins so much. She draws them quite well.
Caedmon cracked me up when he said he wanted to be Paul Bunyan. Random? My favorite part was his five o'clock shadow.
We pulled a ninja costume out of the dress up box and threw it on Jack. It was pretty ironic with his arm in a sling.
Gemma wore a bumblebee costume around the house, shoving Smarties into her mouth and crushed Smarties into the carpet.
We didn't score as big as last year, but came in with a roughly 10 pounds of loot. Well, and then there was all the candy left over from what I bought to hand out. God bless the person who invented Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. Sorry kids, you might not see any of those this year.
I cracked up as I tried to balance the ten pound of candy on top of the fridge. Why on the fridge you ask? Here, this ought to explain it. It's a futile attempt but we try our best to keep it out of their hands. As I tried to shuffle things around to accommodate the candy, I took mental note of all of the things on top of the fridge. It is seriously ridiculous.
- The toaster
- The food processor
- the flour sifter thingy
- a loaf of bread
- two bags of chips
- a box full of the kids' markers (makes sense doesn't it?)
- all of the scissors we own
- a small can of chalkboard paint
- two jars of Play Doh (mixed colors in case you were wondering)
- ten pounds of candy
This makes for a very dangerous and top heavy situation. Approach the refrigerator with caution. Eat Halloween candy at your own risk. It could be the death of you.
8 comments:
I can't WAIT to see pictures!!!!! I love their costume ideas! :) Halloween candy will be the end of me...to my pure delight!
You have got to post some pictures. I am dying to see an alien abduction.
A gimpy ninja! ROFL
I cannot wait to see pictures.
Try saying "injured ninja" 3 times, fast!
Woohoo! You did great Heather. You should be proud. Can't wait for the pics. Enjoy those Reese's-those are my favorites.
I think I am going to buy you guys a small safe for Christmas this year. It's good to have valuables stored properly. I'll be looking for one that holds ten pounds of candy...and maybe markers and scissors. But you can't put it on top of the frig.
PHOTOS, PHOTOS, PHOTOS!
liese- i forgot about the quarter pounder with cheese!
you guys always make me laugh! i remember samson and delilah when we first started coming and i was like what i don't get it! i think you should be sunny and cher again sometime, i don't think i have ever laughed so much. i didn't see you this year... bummer! i saw the kids though, we all had a vote when we got home and elvis and mr. smarty pants won. too fun!
ahh that is so funny!
Post a Comment