Thank you for all of your well wishes and congratulations yesterday. You guys are great.
We are very excited. Nate and I have been keeping this secret for quite awhile now and we just told the kids this weekend. We knew that once the kids knew, the world would know. My unofficial due date (that I calculated myself using the many tools available on the internet) is May 28th. I am leaning more towards the beginning of June since my babies seem to take a little longer to bake. So that puts me at twelve weeks along. The magic number. The number where morning sickness is supposed to disappear. And I think it is, slowly.
I must say, the first trimester has kicked my butt. The fatigue, the nausea, the piled up laundry. Bleh. I am thinking of making myself a shirt with the words "I survived the first trimester." across my chest. Better yet, I should have them made for my whole family. They have been troopers and they didn't even know why mom had taken up permanent residence on the couch. So bring on the wave of energy that belongs to trimester two. I am ready, and so is my house.
We are absolutely thrilled at this addition to our family. The van has plenty of room for whoever he/she is. And so do our hearts. Pregnancy is such a mysterious thing, the feelings it brings to the surface of your heart. And for what other reason would you want to eat a baked potato at nine in the morning?
15 comments:
I love the baked potato line!
May babies are the best. I say this because I was one and because my last one was born in May. What a great time of year to welcome new life. Plus it made getting throught the winter easier since I'm always warmer when I'm pregnant. Congratulations.
I'm still waiting for that second trimester wave of energy, and my youngest is four. :o)
YEY!!! Im soo happy for you guys! I LOVE Your family!
PS: Cant wait to babysit again!! yay for # 7!
So...did you run that big race this summer while you were pregnant? Or am I hallucinating again?
CONGRATS!
I am blessed with no morning sickness in my preggies, just INSANE raging Food cravings :P The first one was chocolate chip cookies and NO red sauce, the second was NO chocolate chip cookies, and ALWAYS BBQ chicken wings with blue cheese! BLECH!
cant wait to see that cute pregnant belly again!
I fell off the face of the planet and that is why I didnt see the post!! hehe CONGRATULATIONS....ohmyword i have 2 words... virtual babyshower...is that 3? anywho...wooohooooooo Im dancin a jig...well sitting and smiling really but inside...im jig dancin...heheh
Julie-I really did eat a baked potato at nine in the morning. It tasted wonderful. I really hope this baby comes in May, we don't have a May birthday in our family yet.
Chili-I didn't do the BIG race while pregnant. When I ran the half marathon, the little one was still just a twinkle in his/her Daddy's eye. But I did run a 5k when I was 2 weeks and another 5k when I was 5 weeks. The times just kept getting slower and slower.
When you were hallucinating, you didnt see how filthy my kitchen floor is did you?
I am so impressed that you could keep this a secret for so long and never coming here to complain of the exhaustion. Hope today is that magical 2nd trimester for you!
Hi, I'm new - just discovered your blog. I am also 29 and expecting our 5th baby in May. We are excited and I love the looks on people's faces when they realize you are in fact happy about this! Nice to meet another young mom with lots of young 'uns!
You're right... the baked potato thing is lost on me. I'm simply enjoying a cup of green tea here, 7:40 in the morning. :)
oh the bliss... I am 14 weeks, and that 2nd trimester energy has kicked in... I was really feeling like cooking, and cleaning and organizing the things left from when we moved...
and my hubby bought us a PUPPY - yeah - byebye energy, time to do anything!! :)
Congrats to all of you. May you sail through the holidays afloat all the extra energy that comes with trimester #2 and sleep off the third trimester during the dead of winter.
yea yea yea for y'all!!!!
Ilove being pregnant,just knowing that everyday till birth God is creating a human being inside of you. I'm really happy for you!!!! PS you would think the older kids would start to recognize your symptoms!!!
Post a Comment