Keeping with my past history of procrastination, I have an assignment that is due for a class that meets tonight at six thirty. ACK!
The assignment is to take a survey of at least 5 people asking them their opinions. If any of you want to help me out, you can answer these questions in the comments section or email me privately at:
laundrylady (at) mchsi (dot) com
On to the questions:
Do you believe there was a universal flood thousands of years ago? Yes/No
If no, what has kept you from believing the Genesis 6-9 account of the flood?
If yes, What caused the flood?
and question number two:
Do you believe Jesus Christ is coming again? Yes/No
If no, why don't you believe He is coming?
If yes, what do you think His coming will bring? Are you prepared to see Him? How have you prepared for His coming?
If you are game and want to help me out, send me an email or leave your answers in the comments. THANK YOU for bailing out a last minute lady.
*edited to add: PHEW! Got it done on time! Thanks everyone for your help.
4 comments:
Do you believe there was a universal flood thousands of years ago? Yes
If yes, What caused the flood?
Well I believe in my opinion that God allowed it to rain so much that it flooded. I'm not sure about that question.
Do you believe Jesus Christ is coming again? Yes/No
Yes
If yes, what do you think His coming will bring? Are you prepared to see Him? How have you prepared for His coming?
I think his coming will bring the hardness of hearts to many who do not know him, and the breaking down walls in others. I suppose that seems normal right? I am very prepared to see him.
I have prepared for His coming by preparing my heart first and foremost. Then also living each life according to James 4:14 (as stated on my blog) knowing we are not promised tomorrow and trying to live each day to the fullest. I have prepared by reminding myself I could meet him at any second, and I want to be ready. I have hidden his word in my hearta nd continue to do so.
I do believe there was a universal flood. What caused it? Short answer: God did. :) There are theories about how He may have done it. The Bible speaks of the deep being broken up, then there were those 40 days of rain. My husband was a physics major and very well-read on creationism -- but he's asleep on the couch. :)
www.answersingenesis.com probably has more articles on this.
I do believe Jesus is coming again. What will His coming bring? Well, if you seprate the Rapture from the time He comes to set up the milleniel kingdom, His second coming will usher in that kingdom. I've prepared by trusting Him for salvation and forgiveness of sins, yet I do feel apprehensive at seeing Him in the sense that I know my life hasn't always been what it should have.
I must say I agree with Barbara. I was not specific, but yes I have asked him to be my savior and Lord.
Yikes! Sorry I missed this one.
Post a Comment