A new sandbox was in the planning stages. I was trying to figure out a way to make it a win-win situation for the kids and the dad. How could we make something big enough for a small army of kids that also met the standards of Mr. Lawn care and his grass obsession. Lawn+sand=bad. While browsing through an artsy-fartsy kid's garden catalog, I found my answer.
We asked some farming friends if we could raid their rock pile. Let me tell you, there were some serious boulders in that corner of their field. I was like a kid in a candy store, who knew I loved rocks so much?! I was barking orders, "Nate, I want this one and this one and this one. Your back? Eh, you'll be fine" While I was cracking the whip, the poor guy had to carry out all the labor, and he did an amazing job.
We put the whole thing together inside the landscaping and outside of the lawn, thus no need to mow around it. The sandbox consists of a bunch of rocks in an odd shaped circle with a few plants thrown in around the edges to make it look natural. The artsy fartsy magazine would be proud. We now have a sandbox big enough for all of our little diggers and any neighbor kids who drop by.

15 comments:
it's awesome! way to go heth, i want to come play!!
I'm glad you found my site and I just had a lot of fun getting caught up on yours! :) I love the aftermath of lunch one - looks too familiar! Mandee
So clever!
Oooh so much fun! You're a smart one Heth.
That looks so great! Better Homes and Gardens would be so proud...
Now we will just call you Miss Artsy-Fartsy herself! Well done, Beautiful!!!
Laura
I just found your site through Kathrine at Daring Young Mom, Loved your tattoo and your site is great. I am working my way through your archives!
what a neat idea!
Heth, WRITE A BOOK!!!!!!!!! Your awesome!!
I love the picture of your little ones toes!
Your sandbox appears to be a winner with the kiddos!
Looks like the Botanical Garden has some competition now... do you charge admission?
Oh wow! I always wanted something like that for my bunch. That is going to provide years of entertainment.
We have sandbox issues, too.
I want one too! That's cool!
oh thou shall not covet is speaking VOLUMES RIGHT NOW....... ok that is not a sand pit...or play yard that is a faux beach and people from miles around will come over to frolick in your sand even when it snows......................................................... im stealing the image and passing it on to my friends so we can all drool....and remember that sacred rule of no coveting...hehehe
Post a Comment