Thursday, September 07, 2006

Humility, Swords, and a Dancing Baby

It took a lot of guts for me to post yesterday's photo. Number one: who takes a picture of the things their kids draw on the house? And number two: I didn't realize how many grubby little finger prints there were on my front door until I picked up my photos. Needless to say, that very afternoon I was out there scrubbing away. Our front door almost sparkles now and sadly the doorman is gone. Mr. Clean Magic eraser knocked him right out. He will forever live on in our family photo album. I wonder if he is in doodle heaven with the legion of crayon and pencil people that have been graffitied on our walls the past eleven years?

Also, I bought Caedmon and Jack some plastic swords at the store today. It was a momentary lapse in judgment that I hope will not cause any of their sibling serious bodily harm. Until today they were using sticks found in the back yard as their weapons of choice, so this is a bit of an improvement on the safety level, I hope. *crossing my fingers*

And for the record Gemma's most recent words are "watch this", and then she performs an amazing stunt like climbing onto the kitchen table or dancing the special little dance she does with a twinkle in her eye. Really, all it involves is an Elvis style twist of the hips but it sure makes us all smile. Right now she is emptying the clean folded clothes out of all of our laundry baskets, another special talent she possesses. I guess that's my cue to hit the Publish Post button.

8 comments:

Keithclan said...

Are their smudgy fingerprints on your door? I can't tell do to all the smudgy fingerprints on my monitor. I think there is definitely a heaven for doormen and discarded school papers...

Sarah said...

sorry I couldn't see any smudges.
but my kitchen has been swept three times this week! I think that's a new record.

melanie said...

awwww, you captured it. baseball bats, swords, sticks, and why not brushes too. what are smudges? no smudges here. you dance baby gemma!!

Anonymous said...

What a cute post Heth! Can't wait to hear Gemma say "Watch this!"

Natalie Joy said...

The dance is really the best. I love it.
Who cares what the front door looks like, the kids are happily beating on each other with plastic weapons. No problem!!!

Tina said...

I wonder what your house would look like if you had never erased a single crayon or pencil or paint mark ever.... :)

mommy to six J's said...

I cn;t see any finger prints. My 4 year old loves swords unfourtatley he also loves to hit his one year old brother. Have a great weekend.
Char

Brenda said...

I don't see doodle man or smudges am I blind??? I made a tribute to you on A little Love, a little healing Check it out!! Memphis loooovvvvessss to dance too!! I love this age!